Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP Designjet 500 Noise

Makes very high pitched noise , but only when retracting paper as in "form feed and cut" . Noise does not happen when printing or forward feeding of paper . Not a whole lot of possibilities , maybe Turn roller assy or gear drive associated with the turn roller . I could not hear the noise ,too high pitched , tried lightly lubing idlers associated with the turn roller , no better , as per customer . Any ideas ? May have to drag the boss out for his ears . Thanks in advance as always , Ark .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP Designjet 500 Noise

Re: HP Designjet 500 Noise

It's the plastic bushings in either end of the main roller. You have to take the top half of the printer off to get to it. I've solved it by simply unlatching the bushings and moving them around, then putting them back in place so what grease is still there gets spread around some. It may sound daunting but it's actually pretty simple to remove the top half of the machine.. just disconnect all the wires, the ground near the left spittoon, and the 8 screws at the bottom of the arches then get someone to help lift it straight up. Unfortunately I've never found a way to lubricated those bushings without removing the roller.

The service manual covers removing the top half of the printer to get to the drive roller.

Kiran

FoxitReader_2018-03-07_14-28-13.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP Designjet 500 Noise

Re: HP Designjet 500 Noise

If you need the service manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...84334271461826

Kiran