Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ 4250 ghosting


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    43

    LJ 4250 ghosting

    See sample. I had to remove some personal information but is was doing it through the whole page.

    I replaced the fuser 2 weeks ago and it solved the issue. Now it's doing the same thing again.

    Customer swapped the toner from another 4250 that is printing fine and still did it.

    Customer is using aftermarket toner carts but printing fine from about 20 other LJ 4250's that are using the same aftermarket toners.

    I guess the new fuser (OEM) could be defective but I find that hard to believe with a genuine HP fuser.

    Could transfer roller cause this? I only replaced the fuser not complete maint kit.

    Any other ideas appreciated?

    Thanks in advance

    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    LJ 4250 ghosting

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,773
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Yup. That's a fuser issue. Poor rotation of the sleeve.

    I'm no HP expert, but I've worked on enough of them that I've seen it.
    Strange that it would happen with a new OEM unit? Are you positive that's the case?
    I've had this happen more than a few times with refurbished units from improper / insufficient grease.

    Question: If they have a bunch of 4250's, and already swapped toner cartridges to test, why wouldn't you suggest they swap a fuser to prove it

    Last edited by sandmanmac; 03-07-2018 at 01:03 AM.

  3. #3
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    LJ 4250 ghosting

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    16,377
    Rep Power
    268

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Yup. That's a fuser issue. Poor rotation of the sleeve.

    I'm no HP expert, but I've worked on enough of them that I've seen it.
    Strange that it would happen with a new OEM unit? Are you positive that's the case?
    I've had this happen more a few times with refurbished units from improper / insufficient grease.

    Question: If they have a bunch of 4250's, and already swapped toner cartridges to test, why wouldn't you suggest they swap a fuser to prove it
    Just that. =^..^=

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    LJ 4250 ghosting


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    What they said, When you installed new toner did you remove the black protection sleeve from the drum unit?


  5. #5
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Republic of Pineland
    Posts
    4,640
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    And the transfer roller would cause light prints if defective. I have never had one ghost. Not to beat a dead horse but, why didn't you swap fusers with another in the office?

    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ 4250 ghosting


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Thanks for the replies. Just to be clear I did not go back since I installed new fuser. They called today and told me it started doing it again.
    Of course if I was onsite I would of swapped fusers with one of their other machines for troubleshooting purposes. All girls in office so can't ask them to swap fusers. I'll just go back with a replacement fuser.

    Why I posted is I suspected the fuser but being a genuine fuser it threw me off. Not to say it couldn't of been a counterfeit fuser. I have heard of counterfeits with exact boxes, etc so who knows now a days.

    Thanks again


  7. #7
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Republic of Pineland
    Posts
    4,640
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Just to be clear I did not go back since I installed new fuser. They called today and told me it started doing it again.
    Of course if I was onsite I would of swapped fusers with one of their other machines for troubleshooting purposes. All girls in office so can't ask them to swap fusers. I'll just go back with a replacement fuser.

    Why I posted is I suspected the fuser but being a genuine fuser it threw me off. Not to say it couldn't of been a counterfeit fuser. I have heard of counterfeits with exact boxes, etc so who knows now a days.

    Thanks again
    I vote for counterfeit. I don't think I ever had an OEM HP fuser go bad that quick.

    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Bay
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Copyman,

    By any chance do you still have the original packaging the fuser came in and provide a picture of the packaging and the fuser assembly with the serial number?
    May be able to help you to determined if this is a counterfeit, refurbished or new fuser.


  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ 4250 ghosting


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Going back tomorrow and see if box is still there. It figures, I usually bring the used fusers back with me but since this call was in the city and I had other stuff to carry I left it there. I did write "Recycle" on box. Plus this was "supposed" to be "genuine" so no return was required. I also use aftermarket fusers or rebuild myself and have had good results with them.
    I hate city calls and didn't feel like going back so I went with the "genuine" this time. Even if my vendor replaces fuser I will still be out $50 with parking, tolls, gas. Not to mention my time 2-3 hrs sitting in traffic, etc etc


  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,914
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: LJ 4250 ghosting

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Going back tomorrow and see if box is still there. It figures, I usually bring the used fusers back with me but since this call was in the city and I had other stuff to carry I left it there. I did write "Recycle" on box. Plus this was "supposed" to be "genuine" so no return was required. I also use aftermarket fusers or rebuild myself and have had good results with them.
    I hate city calls and didn't feel like going back so I went with the "genuine" this time. Even if my vendor replaces fuser I will still be out $50 with parking, tolls, gas. Not to mention my time 2-3 hrs sitting in traffic, etc etc
    Make sure to replace the toner with one you know is good (OEM) before you replace the fuser too, as the toner is probably bad, like fixthecopier said.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here