Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn

hey everyone im working on this hp M541dn and it keeps giving me an error saying output bin is full ive already replaced the delivery unit and the registration roller and still get this error im not sure what the next step to take is or what other part may be causing this error, if anyone has a service manual to share or some valuable information they know about this issue please share. Thank you

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn

Re: HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn

Have you double checked the fuser? Sometimes that message means it detects a jam, and if there doesn't seem to be paper anywhere, then check the fuser. A page can get curled up around a roller or smashed in between the two rollers and can be easily over looked.

Good luck!
    Dustin

I haven't worked on this model directly; most of the 401s are being upgraded to 402s where I'm stationed. But it sounds like there may be some sort of guide/actuator/sensor that is stuck in one position. Most models I've seen have something along these lines. If they get stuck in an "up" position, the machine can think that the paper in the output tray is holding it up, giving the "output tray is full" message. Check to see if this is moving freely.

Technician

Im not sure on this model but on older models there was a sensor flag that would trigger every time a paper entered the output tray. and if its stuck in the up position it will think the tray is full.