Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

HP M632, image shift.

The machine is in a hospital. Two regular trays and #4 is a large capacity. They print armbands from tray 2, labels from tray 3 and 4 is plain. Labels are about 1 inch by 3 inches. The image is not centered on the labels. It has one digit of the info off the edge to the right , if holding the labels upright. The media needs to go to the rear of the machine by about 3mm. If I put the media in tray 2, the digit is back inside the label, but on the very edge. Unlike big copiers, there is no adjustment in the service menu or the trays. I called the contractors tech support, they called HP, and Hp needed to elevate the call and will get back to us. Any ideas?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M632, image shift.

Re: HP M632, image shift.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The machine is in a hospital. Two regular trays and #4 is a large capacity. They print armbands from tray 2, labels from tray 3 and 4 is plain. Labels are about 1 inch by 3 inches. The image is not centered on the labels. It has one digit of the info off the edge to the right , if holding the labels upright. The media needs to go to the rear of the machine by about 3mm. If I put the media in tray 2, the digit is back inside the label, but on the very edge. Unlike big copiers, there is no adjustment in the service menu or the trays. I called the contractors tech support, they called HP, and Hp needed to elevate the call and will get back to us. Any ideas?
    sounds like the "template" for the job isn't set right...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I had the same issue, in a hospital even. There is a registration adjustment where you can adjust it side to side and vertical. Pull it up on a web browser it in
    General settings -> Control panel administration menu ->administration -> General settings -> Print quality->Image registration or do it at the Key pad.
    But Heres the thing if you do it you will constantly be going back and adjusting it where the previous post says it is the software that really should be adjusted, my 2 cents anyways, Good luck!
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    I had the same issue, in a hospital even. There is a registration adjustment where you can adjust it side to side and vertical. Pull it up on a web browser it in
    General settings -> Control panel administration menu ->administration -> General settings -> Print quality->Image registration or do it at the Key pad.
    But Heres the thing if you do it you will constantly be going back and adjusting it where the previous post says it is the software that really should be adjusted, my 2 cents anyways, Good luck!

As far as it being in the software, the reply from IT is that the same software works on every 4555 in the building. Also the shift changes from tray 2 to 3. I don't doubt you Wild Bill, but are you sure those adjustments are in the 632. I looked, called LPT tech support, LMS tech support who called HP, who couldn't find them.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Oh man I got the numbers turned around sorry about that Thinking M602
    Izzy

This attachment is for The M607 which is almost the same engine.
    Does it have a print quality menu? cause thats where it would be.Those must be a series above the M607 but they look close.
    Surley HP would have not changed that...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wild Bill; 03-29-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Couldnt read attachment
    Izzy

Technician

If the image shift is consistent it seems likely the problem is in the 632 driver and not the software. Ask IT to try it with the 4555 driver and see if it solves the problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Don't rely to much on your support guys.

Wild Bill is in the right neighborhood. I know there should be an adjustment for each tray, why remove this setting on a newer printer?

This is what I've found. You can make an image alignment for each tray.
    Follow the instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP M632, image shift.

Don't rely to much on your support guys.

They are usually a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    They are usually a joke!

Well, to close this thread, HP had elevated the call. I got a call from Pete in Utah. He told me where the adjustments where. I didn't see them. I deleted the firmware I had used and reloaded from the web site. Them I could see the adjustments. Problem I have is that 3 different tech support guys told me they could't find the adjustments in the manual. I took their word for it instead of looking myself. So it is totally my fault that the call took more than 1 visit. Lesson learned.