Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP CLJ 4600

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: HP CLJ 4600

Upon taking a closer look of the test samples, all the colors except the black seems to be off or the black is off and not the colors.

Laser scanner itself might be misaligned.

Have you try swapping toner cartridges around in disable cartridge test? Just to see if the color shift moves with the cartridges.

DC Controller faulty? Had one with yellow and magenta color off. DCC reset didn’t work, replaced the DDC fixed it.

Last edited by Printerdude; 03-30-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP CLJ 4600

Quote Originally Posted by Printerdude View Post
    Upon taking a closer look of the test samples, all the colors except the black seems to be off or the black is off and not the colors.

Laser scanner itself might be misaligned.

Have you try swapping toner cartridges around in disable cartridge test? Just to see if the color shift moves with the cartridges.

DC Controller faulty? Had one with yellow and magenta color off. DCC reset didnít work, replaced the DDC fixed it.
    had the laser in an out multiple time... even took my MM ruler to the sides for alignment

yes same in disable check

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Did you use the "support tool" that HP supplies (rolled up piece of cardboard) with new lasers so the chassis doesn't get warped? Someone threw out the one we had.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Looks more like a transfer belt problem than a laser problem. Why it suddenly did it after the laser might be just dumb luck.

Does it look AT ALL different when you do a NVram init and calibration? Usually, after that, you would see some kind of difference, even if it's not aligned. Like if it were the belt, it should look better or worst.

HP CLJ 4600

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Looks more like a transfer belt problem than a laser problem. Why it suddenly did it after the laser might be just dumb luck.

Does it look AT ALL different when you do a NVram init and calibration? Usually, after that, you would see some kind of difference, even if it's not aligned. Like if it were the belt, it should look better or worst.
    i really didn't notice any change... the customer isn't going to replace the belt... OFW

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Laserrick View Post
    I have seen this many times. Usually happens when you put the scanner "tabs" into the white hanger before installing the back plate and clamping down with the wire clips. Unfortunately the scanners shifted a little. You're gonna have to go back in and reseat them. I usually look at the sides to make sure the "ears: are aligned on the left side after putting the 2 spring loaded holding bars in place before putting in the screw on each one. You can also look through the cartridge cavity with a flashlight at the scanner faces to check the alignment BEFORE you put on the back plate to make sure they haven't moved.
    I've done this before. He needs to go back in and reseat the laser.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

replace transfer belt but since client doesn't want to replace it maybe because of the cost then it's time to upgrade to a newer printer.

HP CLJ 4600

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    I've done this before. He needs to go back in and reseat the laser.
    DAMN MAN.... if you READ what was posted the reset on the DCC was done multiple times.

theengle had it right.. I picked up a used belt... put it in to show customer the fix.. they still don't want to spend the $$$ to get it back in service