Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP M575dn weird connectivity problem

Hello everyone! I have an HP M575dn MFP that is showing a red line (band) across the network icon on the touch screen control panel. It is not an "X", but a single diagonal red line. I have not seen this occur before. The LAN port has a solid green light (link), but the yellow activity light remains dark. I have tried 2 different formatter assemblies, completely wiped the hard drive and installed new firmware from a thumb drive. Firmware loads up fine, and the MFP initializes every time. All the MFP's functions operate correctly with the exception of the network port. Same thing happens on both formatter assemblies. I print Configuration pages, and the network page never prints. It's like the MFP does not even detect the network port on the formatter board. VERY WEIRD. I have been repairing these models for quite awhile, but I have never ran into a problem like this before. Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped on this one! Thanks!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP M575dn weird connectivity problem

Re: HP M575dn weird connectivity problem

Have you tried connecting your laptop to the network cable to see if it pulls an IP, and can ping other network nodes?

Have you tried connecting your laptop to the MFP via crossover to see if you can ping, print, scan, whatever? =^..^=

Oops, I missed this part:
    I print Configuration pages, and the network page never prints. It's like the MFP does not even detect the network port on the formatter board. VERY WEIRD.

Clearly not a network issue. I have seen failed on-board network cards before, but I think you've already covered that. Have you tried initializing the NIC? Will it print the config page if it's not on the network and re-booted?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Access the Preboot menu
    1. Turn the product on.
    2. The HP logo displays on the product control panel. When a "1/8" with an underscore displays
    below the HP logo, touch the logo to open the Preboot menu.
    3. Use the arrow buttons on the touchscreen to navigate the Administrator menu.
    4. Touch the OK button.
    5. Use the arrow buttons on the touchscreen to navigate the Start up Options sub menu and touch OK.
    6. Use the arrow buttons on the touchscreen to navigate the Embedded JetDirect off and uncheck.
    7. Press the back button twice
    8. Press OK when it says Continue

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have you tried connecting your laptop to the network cable to see if it pulls an IP, and can ping other network nodes?

Have you tried connecting your laptop to the MFP via crossover to see if you can ping, print, scan, whatever? =^..^=

Oops, I missed this part:
    I print Configuration pages, and the network page never prints. It's like the MFP does not even detect the network port on the formatter board. VERY WEIRD.

Clearly not a network issue. I have seen failed on-board network cards before, but I think you've already covered that. Have you tried initializing the NIC? Will it print the config page if it's not on the network and re-booted?
    Thanks for responding blackcat. I sincerely appreciate the advice.

Technician

Thumbs up Re: HP M575dn weird connectivity problem

Quote Originally Posted by Laserrick View Post
    Access the Preboot menu
    1. Turn the product on.
    2. The HP logo displays on the product control panel. When a "1/8" with an underscore displays
    below the HP logo, touch the logo to open the Preboot menu.
    3. Use the arrow buttons on the touchscreen to navigate the Administrator menu.
    4. Touch the OK button.
    5. Use the arrow buttons on the touchscreen to navigate the Start up Options sub menu and touch OK.
    6. Use the arrow buttons on the touchscreen to navigate the Embedded JetDirect off and uncheck.
    7. Press the back button twice
    8. Press OK when it says Continue
    Laserrick, you were right on the money. The "Startup Option" for the JetDirect was in fact disabled. I re-enabled as you suggested and viola, problem resolved! Thank you, thank you! This one had me going. Did not think to check that area. Kudos to you and much appreciated!