Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

LJ CM6030mfp making tapping sound when lifting tray

Hey hp techs, I have a cm6030mfp which has an issue if you load cassette with more than half of the paper capacity it will make a clicking or tapping sound when lifting cassette, my suspicion is the lifting unit. But before I try and source the part I just want to know if anyone has seen this issue , any info appropriated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ CM6030mfp making tapping sound when lifting tray

Re: LJ CM6030mfp making tapping sound when lifting tray

Make sure the cassette is not broken or anything in the cassette is dislodged pertaining to the lifting of the lifting tray in the cassette. I've seen where the flag showing the current amount of paper in the cassette (the tortoise colored nib seen from the front of the tray) gets dislodged and does not allow the lifting tray to properly lift. If you follow that link, it ends in a 'C' configuration. Half of the 'C' link should be below the lifting tray, the other half is on top of the lifting tray.

Sorry, I don't have a picture. Maybe someone else does?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Make sure the cassette is not broken or anything in the cassette is dislodged pertaining to the lifting of the lifting tray in the cassette. I've seen where the flag showing the current amount of paper in the cassette (the tortoise colored nib seen from the front of the tray) gets dislodged and does not allow the lifting tray to properly lift. If you follow that link, it ends in a 'C' configuration. Half of the 'C' link should be below the lifting tray, the other half is on top of the lifting tray.

Sorry, I don't have a picture. Maybe someone else does?
    Thanks for the tip, I will have to look at the tray and see if anything is out of place, I just figure this might be the same sort of issues with the older kyocera copiers/printers were the pick up motor assym bend and warp when the tray is fully loaded with paper

Technician

I have replaced a few of these for this problem. Lifter-drive-assembly kit RM1-3222-020CN. I get them from Ed at Metrofuser. 908-245-2100 X129