Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hp cm6040

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Angry hp cm6040

Got a CM6040 which stops when trying a print run. Seems ok on single prints. Doesn't have to be a long run. For instance printing a test run of around ten prints it will stop by the 3rd or 4th sheet leaving the rest in various places in the printer Does not actually seem to jam though. None of the sheets are hung up in any way, just laying in situ. The fuser drive is worn and needs replacing which is going to be done tomorrow however l doubt this is the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated
    UK Rog

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp cm6040

Re: hp cm6040

There is/was a known issue with the fusers on these beasts. Worked with HP on one a few years ago. Had to do with full color printed pages wrapping around the fuser. There was a service note about it that I was only told about when I was working with HP. Didn't find anything about it on the Channel Services Network (a place for partner support docs no less).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: hp cm6040

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    There is/was a known issue with the fusers on these beasts. Worked with HP on one a few years ago. Had to do with full color printed pages wrapping around the fuser. There was a service note about it that I was only told about when I was working with HP. Didn't find anything about it on the Channel Services Network (a place for partner support docs no less).
    Hi
    Many thanks for your info. Pages dont get wrapped around the fuser roller. Just stops in mid run and comes up clearing paper path then paper jam on display in various places where sheets have stopped however you have reminded me that thy can have, as you say, fuser issues so i think it may well be worth chucking another fuser in just in case.
    Thanks agin for the input