Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

hp z6200 part number for purge kit

I have a broken bag error and am looking for the part number or numbers for the kit to purge the air lines. I was told the hp manual was wrong, I found a number but when I google it I come up dry. Thanks for any help.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: hp z6200 part number for purge kit

The HP parts store has it as CH955-67111

I'd just disconnect the tube and use a can of air if you can.

Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    The HP parts store has it as CH955-67111

I'd just disconnect the tube and use a can of air if you can.

Kiran

Actually, I am not seeing any ink in the tubes. I have never had this as a fault before, and the guy I use for support said that he has never had a real broken bag, it's usually a false message. When I got there, with the code displayed, I pushed down and cancel. At the bottom of that message, it was asking for all of the inks to be changed. I had inspected all of the inks, and all of the tubes and found nothing wrong. When I tried the broken bag recovery, it first told me to reset the magenta, which I did, then ran the recovery and it failed. I tried a second time and after it failed, it ask for the magenta and light magenta to be installed or replaced, to continue. At this point Eddie suggested I go through the motions and get the kit. I had planned to get the kit and change both the inks. It iof my spoiled military customers, more Navy than Army, and they are losing their minds over this. They have had the machine about 5 or 6 years, I replaced the tubes for leaking last summer, and now that it broke twice, it is a piece of shit and they want a new one. The damn thing is crammed in a small office with another plotter and 2 desk and they won't let me remove it. Took over 4 hours to change the tubes last summer. Thanks for responding and any advice you have will be welcome.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Could just be a bad ink cartridge. The 'broken bag' signal comes from the cartridge itself if the bag of ink breaks and the ink makes contact between two contacts inside the cartridge. In all my years, I've only ever seen one cartridge break like that, and it was a refilled cartridge. If you don't see ink in the air tubes, I'd start with replacing the ink cartridge(s). If that doesn't do it, then it may be a problem with the PCA on the tube assembly; you'd need to replace the tube assembly again.

Best indication of a defective ink cartridge; look at the two 'ports' on the end of the cartridge. One should have a little bit of ink showing, the other shouldn't have any ink showing. If both have ink on/in them, that's a problem.

Kiran

Thanks for your help. I will get the two inks it is asking for and the kit. I will change the inks first, then if that doesn't work i will use the kit and go through the motions. If it needs another tube system, I will have to watch them throw a tantrum, then probably spend more tax dollars to buy another giant plotter when all they need is a small basic one. I will try to remember to update next week after I go back.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the tube assembly, and when? If you got it from LPS Computer, it has a 1 year warranty. HP has 90 days.

Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where did you get the tube assembly, and when? If you got it from LPS Computer, it has a 1 year warranty. HP has 90 days.

Kiran
    , have to check/

Can't remember