Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP laser jet 500 color MFP M575 intermittent no feed from tray 2

Hi guys, this gives a jam code of 13.B2.D2. i removed the tray 2, front cover and watched this on a run of 20. it will feed fine, then shows the error and stops. it looks like the roller just doesn't turn and stops.

i changed the pick up and sep rollers and same thing.

the feed roller spins freely by hand unlike some machines, so i suspect the paper pick up drive assembly. i took off the back cover but i needed to get the procedure to replace it. apparently it is behind the LVPS, the lower HVPS and ICB.
    i also noticed that the customer scratched the registration guide and sensor clear plastic window cover. but i am assuming that as it feeds fine sometimes, the sensor window isn't causing this.

the machine has 434K on it.
    i also cant see from the drawing if the feed unit has a solenoid, that could have sticky foam. the service manual chart calls it a "cassette pick up drive assembly", but the parts section only shows a "paper pick up drive assembly" and the removal section only lists a " tray pick up drive assembly" i am perplexed...

i cant tell from the description in the book, if this is a reasonable repair to take on in a small office, with the machine in a low cabinet in a cubby hole, that is in the isle????

has anyone replaced this unit on this model? my other option is to install a tray 3 accessory unit and bypass the repair??

any advice and wisdom would be much needed and appreciated.

thank you, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP laser jet 500 color MFP M575 intermittent no feed from tray 2

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi guys, this gives a jam code of 13.B2.D2. i removed the tray 2, front cover and watched this on a run of 20. it will feed fine, then shows the error and stops. it looks like the roller just doesn't turn and stops.
    i changed the pick up and sep rollers and same thing.
    the feed roller spins freely by hand unlike some machines, so i suspect the paper pick up drive assembly. i took off the back cover but i needed to get the procedure to replace it. apparently it is behind the LVPS, the lower HVPS and ICB.
    i also noticed that the customer scratched the registration guide and sensor clear plastic window cover. but i am assuming that as it feeds fine sometimes, the sensor window isn't causing this.
    the machine has 434K on it.
    i also cant see from the drawing if the feed unit has a solenoid, that could have sticky foam. the service manual chart calls it a "cassette pick up drive assembly", but the parts section only shows a "paper pick up drive assembly" and the removal section only lists a " tray pick up drive assembly" i am perplexed...
    i cant tell from the description in the book, if this is a reasonable repair to take on in a small office, with the machine in a low cabinet in a cubby hole, that is in the isle????
    has anyone replaced this unit on this model? my other option is to install a tray 3 accessory unit and bypass the repair??
    any advice and wisdom would be much needed and appreciated.
    thank you, Jim
    the one thing you didn't mention .... did you blow out the sensor areas? with that many on the counter... you should try that before pickup assm replacement.

not sure but are there torque limiters on the pickup shaft? that could also be the issue.

not mentioned: WHERE is it jamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the one thing you didn't mention .... did you blow out the sensor areas? with that many on the counter... you should try that before pickup assm replacement.

not sure but are there torque limiters on the pickup shaft? that could also be the issue.

not mentioned: WHERE is it jamming?

Hello, yes, I removed the one side of the sensor on the door side and cleaned it.
    I brushed and manually cleaned the other clear window side.
    was going to blow it out, but didn't.
    The paper is still in the drawer when it stops.

I have asked customer to load tray 1 and take out the paper from drawer 2 to test out the registration sensor
    Last edited by tonerjockey; 06-28-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Hi guys, I did the unthinkable, and purchased the paper feed drive unit.

And I was on my knees and sitting on the floor in the isle of the customers small office for over 2 hours.
    And same thing. I then blew out the machine side of the registration sensor, cleaned the pickup roller and it ran 40 copies fine.
    I called the customer a few days later and the same thing is happening.

Does anyone happen to have any experience with this problem?

I really was hoping to get this one going.

Thank you for any advice you may have.
    Jim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just checked the CPMD for this model and found nothing out of the usual that you've tried already.

-- Make sure the paper tray is set correctly
    -- If opening a new ream, make sure to flex it before putting it in the tray
    -- Do not overfill the tray
    -- Make sure the pickup rollers are installed correctly
    -- Examine the cassette for damage

Sorry.

Thank you Lance15 for the additional info.

i didn't see anything wrong with the tray, but doesn't mean it is ok. i think there was a lifting mechanism.
    when i watched it feed, it would work fine, but then just not rotate and feed at some point, and signal the jam.

i will review the service guide and see if the sensor is not to big a job to replace that. the door side was easy to get out. the other side looked like a slight pain.

have a nice day, Jim

So, I was thinking. Since the tray 1 works fine, that rules out the registration sensor.

The tray 2 paper pickup assembly only shows one sensor, so I speculate that's a paper in the tray sensor, low paper sensor.

I was going to go check that, but the customer informed me they were going a new one from Amazon. For about what my vendor quoted me, not counting shipping, ave"stair climber at $8.00 per step.

So I can't offer any updates.