Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

CP3525DN "Close Front or Right Doors" Error

I replaced the fuser drive gear after getting the 59.F0 error on the control panel. I put everything back together very carefully. The install went smoothly. Now when I start up the printer I get the error "Close front or right doors." I checked both the right- and front-door interlock switches and they are functioning correctly. J118 on the DC controller is securely connected, as is every other connector. What else can I check? Thanks for the responses in advance!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: CP3525DN "Close Front or Right Doors" Error

I wonder if you can check the connections between the dc controller and the switch. Like, maybe one of the wires broke underneath the insulation and you can't see it.

Thanks for the reply. I do not see any broken connections. Physically, I see nothing wrong with the printer or any of it's parts. I will check the voltage on J118 and see what I get.

Voltage is 0 for J118.

I'm not looking at the machine--just the SM. But I would think J118 would have 3 wires going to it (or two, at least). If three: one should be 0, one 5 v, and one changes from 5 to 0 when the switch is activated. If it's two: one should have 5v, and the other should change.

This machine has 2 wires going into J118. No matter what it isn't showing any voltage. DC controller replaced?

what are you checking it against? If against each other, what happens when you activate the switch? Actually, you could just go to the wires themselves, and check continuity--that it changes when the switch is activated.

But if there's no voltage getting to either wire, no matter what, then yeah--the DC controller. It just seems unlikely is all. If the switch is closed, neither should show voltage (because normally these things switch to ground). If it's opened, one should show voltage, and one not.

Thank you for the explanation. I haven't done much with voltage testing on printers... I am not at the printer right now, but what else could it be if the connector is showing voltage?

If it's behaving the way it's supposed to at the connector (one of the voltages goes on and off when the switch is activated/deactivated) then it's a DC controller problem. But that's not likely. What you could do, is check for continuity between the two wires at J118 (unplug it first). So if wire 1 has continuity with wire 2, you know there's not break in the wire. If not, then activate the switch (or unactivate it--whatever, just change the switch position) and check again. If still not continuity, then it's either a bad switch or a broken wire. What it boils down to is that the two wires should make a complete loop with the switch one way, and not a loop the other way.

OR---

you might have plugged the wrong wire into the contact. Most of them are impossible to mix up, but every now and then two of them look very much alike and you're able to force one in the wrong spot.

OR---

Those wires go to another contact somewhere and you forgot to plug it in. I know this happens in several of the components. As you were taking off the power supply or the main drive or something, there's a two wire plug that you unplug, and it just leads to somewhere in the machine--it's not easily identifiable as you're tearing the machine apart. If you're looking at the side of the machine with the power supplies facing you (if I remember right) there's a two wire plug that you mess with towards the bottom right. And I think there's another one at the top right. I believe I've forgotten to plug one of those in once, because they hide as you're putting things back together, and it gave me a door switch error. You might be able to locate them if you go through the uninstall directions again, and look for them to tell you to unplug something in those areas.

I think it was a set of yellow wires with a white connector on the machine I was working on.

Hopefully this makes sense. I just came off a 13 hour day and I'm not thinking straight.

Just looking through the manual quickly, here're a few danlgers that could easily get missed... could be any one of them.

Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg