Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

officejet pro x series

Anyone had any success getting the officejet pro x series print heads to work? x476/477 plus multifunction machines. We have around 10 all with print head issues. Either parts of print missing, colour mix or lines. Have tried all the usual as suggested on line with manually cleaning the head plus head cleans through the machine also head recovery all to no avail. Seems a shame to dump these so wondering if anyone has removed the heads and got them going.
    cheers

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: officejet pro x series

Hi, I think HP has a counter chip. After it has made a certain number of copies, the printer freezes even if the print head is good.

The bad thing is that sometimes, the printheads are as expensive as the printer.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    officejet pro x series

Re: officejet pro x series

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    Anyone had any success getting the officejet pro x series print heads to work? x476/477 plus multifunction machines. We have around 10 all with print head issues. Either parts of print missing, colour mix or lines. Have tried all the usual as suggested on line with manually cleaning the head plus head cleans through the machine also head recovery all to no avail. Seems a shame to dump these so wondering if anyone has removed the heads and got them going.
    cheers
    i have found that if you soak a paper towel ( soft one ) in Simple Green Cleaner and put the print head down on it for a while ( 10+ mins ) reassemble and run head cleanings I can get the heads back to life.

see my post about Simply Green