Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Got these diagnostic pages from a used CLJ5500 - vertical lines in photo page?

Thinking of buying this used CLJ 5500. The page counts are low and lots of toner left on all carts, but what is likely causing the vertical lines in the photo demo page? They're asking $100 for this printer, and I'd be thrilled to get 12x18 capability for that price. However, I'd need to print some single full-sheet C, Y, M, and K sheets to see if any particular drum was responsible, or dirty corona wire, or a transfer belt. I've seen techs do these kinds of troubleshooting on a KM Bizhub C5501 I used to operate, but I have no training in it - just a tinkerer's instincts. Do you think it's something that can be addressed relatively cheaply in terms of parts?

HP Info_Page_2.jpgHP Info_Page_1.jpgHP Info_Page_3.jpg

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Got these diagnostic pages from a used CLJ5500 - vertical lines in photo page?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfoot View Post
    Thinking of buying this used CLJ 5500. The page counts are low and lots of toner left on all carts, but what is likely causing the vertical lines in the photo demo page? They're asking $100 for this printer, and I'd be thrilled to get 12x18 capability for that price. However, I'd need to print some single full-sheet C, Y, M, and K sheets to see if any particular drum was responsible, or dirty corona wire, or a transfer belt. I've seen techs do these kinds of troubleshooting on a KM Bizhub C5501 I used to operate, but I have no training in it - just a tinkerer's instincts. Do you think it's something that can be addressed relatively cheaply in terms of parts?

HP Info_Page_2.jpgHP Info_Page_1.jpgHP Info_Page_3.jpg
    kinda hard to see on small photo ( no cannot enlarge ) BUT I see lines in CYAN and MAGENTA.. pull carts look @ grey or black roller inside the cart.. do you see a line going around the roller?

No? look at transfer section.
    Yes? 1) replace that ( or both toners )
    2) separate the toner halves... get some NU FINISH ( car polish ) pull "PCR" primary charge roller, apply and clean the roller till line is gone **2-3 times** - reassemble toner and test ( if not.. you just wasted 30 mins.. if you fixed it ..customers will love you.. just make sure you point out... " Gunna try this TRICK I heard of.. might STILL need to change toner )

I have tried this on ALL toners that have the PCR on the drum unit..either WITH or a separate toner section. GREAT success ..Ricoh drum getting MAYBE 10-30k of 100k cycle started getting 120-150k
    hp color 4500-4545 all good

a bottle costs 9.00$usd THOUSANDS of 'fixes' -= IF =- you keep the supply cool... * DO NOT KEEP IN CAR * PerExp

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Got these diagnostic pages from a used CLJ5500 - vertical lines in photo page?

From what I see .. those lines are the absence of yellow. It's a low risk $100. Go for it. It could be as simple as a yellow toner cartridge.

Keep in mind that this is an old beast though. Anything other than the standard consumables may be hard to get, unless you keep on shopping for these $100 cheapies and start you own parts graveyard.

Try this for your Test Pattern: =^..^=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Replace the Yellow and Magenta carts with HP CARTS and it should be good to go. Heck.....for $100, I'D buy it!!