Technician

Question HP LJ M3035sx Occasinal Noise coming from paper tray and occasional jamming

HP LaserJet M3035sx. Has an occasional gear grinding or chattering noise coming from paper tray. Generally the machine will keep feeding with no jam while making grinding noise. Sometimes printer will give paper jam error with paper never leaving tray. Paper pick-up roller was changed about 3 months ago. While machine is making the noise you can see the paper tray vibrate slightly. Guess I will have to replace paper pick-up assembly, but just not sure what is happening. Any ideas? Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP LJ M3035sx Occasinal Noise coming from paper tray and occasional jamming

Probably got something to do with the gear that drives the pickup assembly. The little bushing pops out and it's a pain to fix it--leave yourself a couple hours the first time. I think so, anyway. I get these models mixed up if I haven't seen it in a while. Anyway, the shaft comes out of the side of the machine underneath there, and if you peek in you can just see where the bushing is supposed to be there. But it pops out and if there's an easy fix for this I don't know it.

Of course, I believe this machine has a PU solenoid as well, but that's probably not what's causing it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP LJ M3035sx Occasinal Noise coming from paper tray and occasional jamming

And yeah--you have to replace the PU assembly.