Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Re: LJ M506 stuck on supply memory error 10.00.01

I've tried a HP OEM toner...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ M506 stuck on supply memory error 10.00.01

Quote Originally Posted by austonrush View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with a HP M527 (built on the M506 printer), I've replaced the chip reader and hvps that it plugs directly into with no luck. It still boots with a supply memory error.

Next I'm trying the DCA Control board...

What fixed yours?
    I ordered the chip reader ( RM2-5702-000 (TAG assembly)), but am still waiting on it, so have not had a chance to replace it. I don't know what is happening with our parts dept, lately...but all of our HP orders are taking longer than normal.

The CPMD I have doesn't have this exact error. For some strange reason, when I try looking at the latest document on CSN, I'm told I don't have permission. Strange.

I read through the readme for the firmware, but, there was no mention of firmware fixing this issue.

These little POS's are such junk (I've worked on a couple), there probably IS something wrong with a board somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    WASTE of time ... the ERROR is DUE to re-manufactured TONERS... a NON HP CHIP is detected... you SHOULD be able to press the CHECK MARKED button to bypass this message.

you throw all these expensive parts at a machine that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the SUPPLY ERROR!
    I've tried a HP OEM toner. Another brand new one is in there now.. I also went to manage supplies/ cartridge policy and tried with it both on and off, no difference. POS, gotta be the board.

Just not sure if HP has some hidden reset mode or something in the pre boot service menu, I could not find anything.... I already tried a hard reset no luck.

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with a HP M527 (built on the M506 printer), I've replaced the chip reader and hvps that it plugs directly into with no luck. It still boots with a supply memory error.

Next I'm trying the DCA Control board...

What fixed yours?
    Did you resolve this issue? I just replaced the chip reader but, no luck, it still has the supply memory error.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Did you resolve this issue? I just replaced the chip reader but, no luck, it still has the supply memory error.
    I'm trying to order a DC control board next but, having issues finding one in stock. Still not resolved the printer is sadly just hanging out on a work bench.

Thank you, Austonrush, for your help, it was the DC-controller board that resolved the issue. We installed the board and have been running the printer for a week in the shop with no issues.

DeeC

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Thank you, Austonrush, for your help, it was the DC-controller board that resolved the issue. We installed the board and have been running the printer for a week in the shop with no issues.
    I'm having the same issue-prints the event log without any problems, exit ADMIN and the error is still there! Brand New HP cartridge. Should I go straight to replacing the DC-controller board?
    I'm not a tech person......just like to do my research before throwing in the towel!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeeC View Post
    I'm having the same issue-prints the event log without any problems, exit ADMIN and the error is still there! Brand New HP cartridge. Should I go straight to replacing the DC-controller board?
    I'm not a tech person......just like to do my research before throwing in the towel!
    if you are not a tech.. and you do not have the service manual I wouldn't suggest it. there are procedures for replacing the DCC that IF they aren't followed properly can mess it up worse. That's why we train n test for these machines.
    Last edited by Phil B.; 02-01-2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: sp

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I'm trying to order a DC control board next but, having issues finding one in stock. Still not resolved the printer is sadly just hanging out on a work bench.
    Austonrush... your the Man. this is why copytech blows any forum out the water in our line of work. Had same error. told the customer its coming back to workshop. we had a spare swapped over the DC CONTROLLER put in a new toner. It works binned old toner wasnt brave enough to put it in just incase it goosed this dc board up. And after stripping the 2 machines its a bit long winded

Thanks