Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

designjet z3200 22:3.10 error shown first

Still trying to make sense out of these plotters. It seems more often then not they don't like being fixed.
    This time it got a 22:3.10 error, ran diagnostics,got same error. Book says that means you have to change the right side ink service station. I did so, and when the machine was powered up, then it told me it needed the left side, 22:1.10.
    How likely would both sides go out at the same time? I tend to think the main board might fail them at the same time. I don't know if there is a secret way to find out that they won't tell you. I called Eddie, he said to try the left i.s.s. before getting into the main board, which is logical. I know he knows more about these things more then I ever will. My problem is more with H.P. & the principle of it. We don't have all this money,parts & time to throw at it until it works.
    Has anyone found a way to accurately diagnose what parts you really need, or is it still just a guessing game ? Thanks to everyone that put up with this post

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: designjet z3200 22:3.10 error shown first

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Still trying to make sense out of these plotters. It seems more often then not they don't like being fixed.
    This time it got a 22:3.10 error, ran diagnostics,got same error. Book says that means you have to change the right side ink service station. I did so, and when the machine was powered up, then it told me it needed the left side, 22:1.10.
    How likely would both sides go out at the same time? I tend to think the main board might fail them at the same time. I don't know if there is a secret way to find out that they won't tell you. I called Eddie, he said to try the left i.s.s. before getting into the main board, which is logical. I know he knows more about these things more then I ever will. My problem is more with H.P. & the principle of it. We don't have all this money,parts & time to throw at it until it works.
    Has anyone found a way to accurately diagnose what parts you really need, or is it still just a guessing game ? Thanks to everyone that put up with this post
    if they are doing borderless printing ( to the edges ) then YES both stations could require replacement.
    you failed to mention how many PASSES/PAGES have been printed. THAT will be a deciding factor for what OTHER items should be replaced in service mode there is a listing of the parts and their life used/left.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is the customer using after-market ink cartridges?

Did the diagnostic prompt you to hold down the bongos, one after another? Or did it never get that far?

It's not unlikely to have both ISSes fail, as they both get the same amount of use. I'd replace the left one before replacing the EMOD.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for your answers. For the record, inks are oem, and the diagnostic test only did about six items, then went into code. I couldn't get any meters from it.