Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    14

    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Machine says to close the top cover for the ADF, replaced cover sensor, still same thing. Checked wiring to relay board, replaced that also. Thinking formatter? Anybody run into that problem? Thoughts?


  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Machine says to close the top cover for the ADF, replaced cover sensor, still same thing. Checked wiring to relay board, replaced that also. Thinking formatter? Anybody run into that problem? Thoughts?
    the DCC controls the sensors .. motors.. ect not formatter


  3. #3
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    16,537
    Rep Power
    272

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Something like this maybe?:

    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    532
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Something like this maybe?:
    8


    I didn't know MacGuyver was in our forum!! ....Cool!


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Traced the wire harness to the sensor that tells it when top doc feeder is closed, can replicate the problem on another M525 next to it, slide paper into where sensor is and the message goes away,with top cover open(on the working 525) the one that always says cover open, to little board on feeder,(looks like relay board) replaced that board, still same, wiring goes from there to formatter? Go Figure. Will have formatter on Monday. Will post.


  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    8
    I didn't know MacGuyver was in our forum!! ....Cool!
    yup quite a few of us... WHATEVER it takes to get the end user up n running!


  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Traced the wire harness to the sensor that tells it when top doc feeder is closed, can replicate the problem on another M525 next to it, slide paper into where sensor is and the message goes away,with top cover open(on the working 525) the one that always says cover open, to little board on feeder,(looks like relay board) replaced that board, still same, wiring goes from there to formatter? Go Figure. Will have formatter on Monday. Will post.
    not sure but you SHOULD have several sensors in the ADF.. have your checked ALL sensors thru SM?


  8. #8
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,460
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    yup quite a few of us... WHATEVER it takes to get the end user up n running!

    You just called yourself MacGuyver?
    Self-confident antiquity.He he...

    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    You just called yourself MacGuyver?
    Self-confident antiquity.He he...
    i will wear that badge proudly since I am of that generation.


  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,594
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: HP M525 Close top feeder cover

    Are you saying you replaced the wiring harness from the doc feeder to the machine?

    I've seen those go bad a lot, and it's not always detectable with a meter.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here