Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Laserjet cp3525: Magenta become light from the front side of the machine

hi guys, I have the magenta that becomes light from the front of the printer (see attachments), I tried to replace the magenta cartridge = ng, the transfer belt = ng, internally clean the laser box yellow / magenta = ng,check itb contact belt=ng, I suspect that is the card hvt, someone is able to help me please, I also accept suggestions on the possible repair of the electronic components of the HVT power board if someone knows what are broken / burned, I'm good at welding, thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Laserjet cp3525: Magenta become light from the front side of the machine

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi guys, I have the magenta that becomes light from the front of the printer (see attachments), I tried to replace the magenta cartridge = ng, the transfer belt = ng, internally clean the laser box yellow / magenta = ng,check itb contact belt=ng, I suspect that is the card hvt, someone is able to help me please, I also accept suggestions on the possible repair of the electronic components of the HVT power board if someone knows what are broken / burned, I'm good at welding, thanks in advance
    FIRST ... is the machine LEVEL?

[QUOTE = Phil B.; 701588] FIRST ... è il LEVEL della macchina? [/ QUOTE]

hello Phil, first of all thank you for being interested in my problem, but I did not understand your question, what do you mean by "machine level", maybe you're asking me if it's only from the printer, or even from the driver? if so, I tell you that it is both driver and system prints, can explain better, thanks.

the suspect magenta cartridge I tried on another 3525 and it works well, however, I am between 50-70% of the toner charge ... I have inspected well inside the printer, and I have not noticed anything strange, but could still be escaped something, something that maybe someone has already happened and knows the solution
    Last edited by luca72; 09-19-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is the printer sitting on a level surface?

Are HP cartridges or aftermarket cartridges being used?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Is the printer sitting on a level surface?

Are HP cartridges or aftermarket cartridges being used?

hi, then I understood the first time, it seemed too simple of course, it is level, now it is here in the laboratory, and in any case the other colors are perfect, and the problem was done by both the client and here in the laboratory ... the cartridges are original, try on another machine the same and work well

Possibly one of the high-voltage boards is dislodged? There are two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Possibly one of the high-voltage boards is dislodged? There are two.

hi, I disassembled 2 times, carefully checked the positioning of the contact clips (all hvt boards), cleaned inside the magenta / yellow laser unit. it would seem a loss problem in the power section of the board that handles the magenta cartridge, but I can not find a way to be 100% sure, the machine is a some years old, I just repaired it for another problem, at the drive solenoid contact of the belt, the classic juice sponge ... for this I have to repair it as much as possible

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Take a look inside the magenta toner slot, something might be dislodged creating a large gap between the drum and transfer belt. Did you try stopping the machine during a print to see if toner is on the drum?