Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

13.1C.00 Fuser accordion jams on a CP4525.

Hi,
    I have an HP Color Laserjet CP4525 that I'm looking at with this issue. The machine works simplex all day long just fine, but when printing duplex it will randomly lodge a sheet in the fuser and throw that error. When it occurs, there will be a sheet with only one side printed on it sticking halfway out the exit to the printer, a duplex one that has completed on both sides (toner is fused to the paper) accordioned up in the fuser, and one unprinted sheet sitting just before the transfer belt. It will do this frequently during a duplex job, but not every single page. The problem is happening with both the old and new fusers. The new fuser is genuine HP as well, and the firmware on the printer is the latest.
    Any idea what could be causing it? I attached a copy of the event log.Black PDF_2018092008301400.pdf
    Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    13.1C.00 Fuser accordion jams on a CP4525.

Re: 13.1C.00 Fuser accordion jams on a CP4525.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Thanks Lance15. I checked the things in the pdf, and ended up replacing the delivery assembly. So far I haven't heard back from the customer. One word or warning, make sure you reconnect the transfer belt sensor, or you'll end up with the not pleasant 59.F0 error.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MBT View Post
    Hi,
    I have an HP Color Laserjet CP4525 that I'm looking at with this issue. The machine works simplex all day long just fine, but when printing duplex it will randomly lodge a sheet in the fuser and throw that error. When it occurs, there will be a sheet with only one side printed on it sticking halfway out the exit to the printer, a duplex one that has completed on both sides (toner is fused to the paper) accordioned up in the fuser, and one unprinted sheet sitting just before the transfer belt. It will do this frequently during a duplex job, but not every single page. The problem is happening with both the old and new fusers. The new fuser is genuine HP as well, and the firmware on the printer is the latest.
    Any idea what could be causing it? I attached a copy of the event log.Black PDF_2018092008301400.pdf
    Thanks.
    I had this exact same issue on a CP4525 about a year ago. Found something in the service manual that pointed towards replacing the registration roller assembly. I replaced it, and the behavior persisted. After mulling over it further and not sure what to do next, I went in and changed humidity mode from normal to high. This printer is in a small corner room in an office that was warm and had no air circulation. Ran dozens of duplex copies with no further jams.

I followed up several times and found the error log to be free of this error, and the staff indicated that the printer had functioned flawlessly after the humidity mode change. Prior to that change, it would take about 5-8 duplex copies for a jam to occur.

Cool Re: 13.1C.00 Fuser accordion jams on a CP4525.

Quote Originally Posted by buf7579 View Post
    I had this exact same issue on a CP4525 about a year ago. Found something in the service manual that pointed towards replacing the registration roller assembly. I replaced it, and the behavior persisted. After mulling over it further and not sure what to do next, I went in and changed humidity mode from normal to high. This printer is in a small corner room in an office that was warm and had no air circulation. Ran dozens of duplex copies with no further jams.

I followed up several times and found the error log to be free of this error, and the staff indicated that the printer had functioned flawlessly after the humidity mode change. Prior to that change, it would take about 5-8 duplex copies for a jam to occur.

This is the craziest thing I ever heard of. But it worked. I changed the Humidity from Normal to High for Plain. Ran many duplexed prints with no further jams.Way cool,brother!