Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP Color Laserjet 2600n Poor print quality

Unit came in with poor print quality , looked mostly like the faint print from fouled laser mirrors . Remove and clean laser mirrors and rest of machine , reassemble and test op . Nice and dark now , but the colors seem off registration . Run calibrate and registration . Still no better , re-clean transfer belt , try again . Get into secondary service menu and do all calibrations 4 or 5 times still no better , Still looks like off registration problem , also has faint black background , suspect aftermarket black is causing this . The color blocks on the config page are off , look better on the right side than the left side . I am attaching a PDF scan of image . Thanks as always , Ark .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP Color Laserjet 2600n Poor print quality

Re: HP Color Laserjet 2600n Poor print quality

Your sure nothing got moved in the laser/scanner when you were cleaning? The laser/scanner is properly seated & installed? It looks like black is the ONLY one that looks right. Yellow, Magenta & Cyan look to be the issue.

Technician

Make sure you reseated laser scanners properly. I've put them back in incorrectly before and had this same issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It was doing it before I started the job , the laser box seemed to seat fine when re-seated , I remember re-checking it to make sure it was flush with the case . The interior of the laser box looked OK when I cleaned it , I did not note anything that looked out of place .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I've had these to where nothing I did would get those lasers lined up correctly. I think I ended up saying that the integrity of the machine is at fault--it just can't be fixed. But see, I don't know if this machine is like the newer ones, and replacing the transfer belt would make any difference. The transfer belt costs more than the machine, and I didn't feel like fighting with the customer if we replaced it and it didn't make any difference.