Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Laserjet Pro M402dn false Jams

As per customer , machine will intermittently show a jam on the op panel , but paper has not moved from the cassette . They check the paper path and then close the machine up and go . Feed tires are plenty sticky still . I have not been able to reproduce the problem yet . The service page shows the following codes 13.0912 once , 13.0304 seven times , 13.0204 once and 49.0293 once . The service TM only shows that 13 is a jam code , but has no explanation for the extensions . Any ideas on possible causes ?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Laserjet Pro M402dn false Jams

Quote Originally Posted by Arkynsaw View Post
    As per customer , machine will intermittently show a jam on the op panel , but paper has not moved from the cassette . They check the paper path and then close the machine up and go . Feed tires are plenty sticky still . I have not been able to reproduce the problem yet . The service page shows the following codes 13.0912 once , 13.0304 seven times , 13.0204 once and 49.0293 once . The service TM only shows that 13 is a jam code , but has no explanation for the extensions . Any ideas on possible causes ?
    check for HVT leaks,, any high voltage arcing will wig the machine out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Had the same issue. Printer worked fine when I looked at it. If a printer is working when I'm at it, I don't dwell on the error codes. For all I know it could be an ID10T error or a driver/printer mismatch.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Always start jam calls with new feed rollers.

BTW - the rollers aren't supposed to be slick.

I just got a call for a machine doing this. It'll print fine if the tray is full of paper, but if it's getting low (25%ish or less), then it'll sound like it's trying to pick up the paper, but paper doesn't feed. I'm not sure how old this machine is; it was there before my company got the contract with this account, and we picked up service on some of their existing HPs, along with placing new MFPs. Has anyone had any luck with this? Some Googling is pointing at the paper sensor flag--although the machine is recognizing that there's paper, which is why it's trying to feed paper in the first place.

I'll check this machine out further and, if I come up with any resolution, I'll post my findings.

In my case, the tray couldn't lift the paper, because the lever that shows the amount of paper was on top of the paper lift plate. Paper wasn't lifted to meet up with the roller; the printer couldn't pick up the paper. I hope that the picture helps. I'm not sure how to make it larger. It's the plastic curved pieces sitting on top of the metal that were preventing the metal from lifting. They're supposed to go around the metal arm.
    IMG_20190110_110029687.jpg