Technician

Hp designjet "Preparing print system "

I've been replacing belts and service stations on the t1100 series and upwards and I'd like to know why on some the time to prepare printing system is so random. Done one yesterday that took an hour and 20 mins, then one today that took 35 mins.

Is there anyway to bypass this, or at least avoid doing something that causes the really long process? I don't remove the printhead on the models I don't need to, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Am I doing something wrong or is it just pot luck.
    I spend more time standing aound waiting than it takes me to repair the machine.

Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Hp designjet "Preparing print system "

I don't have an answer for you, but, I have the same experiences. Just replaced the belt on a Z6200 last week and it took around 30 minutes to prepare too. The flaky ISS to cartridge cable for the LG cart didn't help either. Sometimes it's 30 minutes, sometimes 10. Not sure what determines this.

Maybe Kiran can shed some light?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    I don't have an answer for you, but, I have the same experiences. Just replaced the belt on a Z6200 last week and it took around 30 minutes to prepare too. The flaky ISS to cartridge cable for the LG cart didn't help either. Sometimes it's 30 minutes, sometimes 10. Not sure what determines this.

Maybe Kiran can shed some light?
    I'm sorry to say it's a mystery to me too, and I've even talked to HP about it. I've suspected that having the latest firmware might affect it but I've not narrowed it down. I do know the T610/T1100 can be the worst.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    I'm sorry to say it's a mystery to me too, and I've even talked to HP about it. I've suspected that having the latest firmware might affect it but I've not narrowed it down. I do know the T610/T1100 can be the worst.

Kiran
    It's my understanding that the firmware, when updated, can help cut down on the amount of priming that happens when preparing ink system... done so in order to both save ink and to keep the service station from filling up and needing to be replaced so soon. So it would make sense that it would take less time to prepare ink system upon start up.

Technician

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm glad it's not just me doing something wrong!
    Firmware would make sense, why some are quicker than others.
    I'm going to make a note of f/w versions when I do these from now on, to test the theory.