Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    elyk

Post HP M1522nf Printer No display

When switched on the printer part does rotate but no display on the control panel and no button on the control panel works. when connected to the PC, there is a message on the PC saying unidentified usb device and cannot print. Can someone help me solving the problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP M1522nf Printer No display

disconnect printer from pc. power off. verify formatter board is installed correctly (specifically connection to dc controller). if printer has firmware chip (may be built into the board) or memory make sure it is seated properly. power on. does problem still exist? run engine test. prints good, then may be bad control panel. if problem only exists when connected to pc, its a connection/driver related problem.

updating the reply to this post:

try flashing firmware w/latest version
    download latest driver (maybe current version corrupted)
    Cold reset & then NVRAM if Cold reset doesnt fix problem (print config page, menu map, and network page before doing this)
    last resort, replace formatter (these have embedded net card in formatter and maybe its bad)

I have only heard 2 issues with this type of problem for this machine locking up from control panel or network job. If you have a similar problem and resolve it, please post an update. If you have a similar problem pm me, because I want to know if this is a frequently occurring thing. Thanks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Phyllox
    Same issue here. How can I cold rset this machine ?

k10n9
    Any update to the original issue? I'm having the same problem. It's the same model and new one too.

make sure you have printed a config page before you do the super nvram init or you may not be able to get info back - (Should be possible to display this in HP toolbox. If you're unable to print, display it in HP toolbox (comes with complete driver program), CTL + Print Scrn, then paste (CTL +V) the page in Word or Wordpad and save it to have later.)

Service-mode functions
    NVRAM initialization
    An NVRAM initialization will return the following device settings to the factory-set defaults:
    ● All menu settings, including the fax header and company name
    ● Fax numbers and names that are associated with one-touch keys and speed-dial codes
    Additionally, all faxes stored in memory are cleared.
    1. Turn off the product.
    2. Press and hold both the down arrow button and the Cancel button, and then turn on the product.
    3. Wait until the message Permanent storage init. appears, and then release the buttons.
    When the NVRAM initialization process finishes, the product control panel shows the Ready message.
    Super NVRAM initialization
    The super NVRAM initialization clears all settings affected by a regular NVRAM initialization, and also
    clears the product language and country/region settings. Both settings must be reset after a super
    NVRAM initialization.
    1. Turn off the product.
    2. Press and hold both the down arrow button and the Cancel button, and then turn on the product.
    3. Wait until the message Permanent storage init. appears, and then release the buttons.
    When the process finishes, the product control panel shows the Ready message.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

etmd
    prntrfxr

you have the same procedure for both resets. I assume there is a difference in the procedure

lol...so I did, I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for pointing that out. I would also like to point out that I've had a lot of calls from techs since then and the above does not work. These machines have the same problem with their formatters as the P2015. So I would replace it. Rob Sanberg (hope I didn't spell his name wrong. If I did, sorry Rob) would tell you to bake the board in your oven and I've heard lots of techs say it works. Since it costs you nothing but time it's certainly worth the try. I believe he had instructions in an earlier post. Put P2015 or P3005 in the search box in this forum and I'm sure you'll be able to find it. If not, you could PM him or maybe he'll see this and post the instructions. Hope it works out for you.