Thread: HP M 607

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP M 607

It will not lift the paper in Tray 2
    It acts as if it doesnt know there is paper in the tray (so i swapped out paper sensor
    It gives a message saying there is too much paper in the tray (but it isnt)
    Has anyone had this experience or have any suggestions

Thx in advance
    Hoosierdaddy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP M 607

Re: HP M 607

Jut had a call with the customer saying the same thing on an M609 (same series ---- M607/M608/M609). Before I did ANYTHING, I updated the firmware. Since these printers are still so new, the firmware is still buggy. After I updated the firmware, it was giving the same message (in my case a paper jam). I removed tray 2 and found a piece of paper jammed all the way in the back.

I noticed the rollers (J8J70-67904) in these WORKSTATION class printers are ridiculous!! My printer hadn't even reached 12k and could already see roller wear. The roller kit which comes with a pickup roller "assembly" with an orange "installation tool" attached and a seperation roller assembly which is SUPPOSED to also have an orange installation tool included (although I didn't get one----wasn't needed. I used needle-nose pliers to remove it).

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M 607

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Jut had a call with the customer saying the same thing on an M609 (same series ---- M607/M608/M609). Before I did ANYTHING, I updated the firmware. Since these printers are still so new, the firmware is still buggy. After I updated the firmware, it was giving the same message (in my case a paper jam). I removed tray 2 and found a piece of paper jammed all the way in the back.

I noticed the rollers (J8J70-67904) in these WORKSTATION class printers are ridiculous!! My printer hadn't even reached 12k and could already see roller wear. The roller kit which comes with a pickup roller "assembly" with an orange "installation tool" attached and a separation roller assembly which is SUPPOSED to also have an orange installation tool included (although I didn't get one----wasn't needed. I used needle-nose pliers to remove it).
    Sir, you seem to spend a lot of time on the HP's... in your opinion.. has the quality/reliability of the HP line tanked since those of years ago? in my mind? yes!

HP M 607

Definitely, Phil.

I don't think it's wholly HP's fault though. They still use Canon's engines.

I can post pictures of what is included with the approximately $40 roller kit tomorrow.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M 607

Definitely, Phil.

I don't think it's wholly HP's fault though. They still use Canon's engines.

I can post pictures of what is included with the approximately $40 roller kit tomorrow.
    not sure they are ALL Canon engines nowadaze tho.. Samsux dropped a MASSIVE headache upon HP and us techs... Xerox used Samsux for a while also.. then noticed that premature failures on Supplies and Parts.. HOT Potato

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    The new A-3 laser-MFP´s are Samsungs, and it´s a shame. The construction is ridiculous, print-quality poor and speed (what speed?????). But the best is the construction of the "formater" (= controller) : the Honks of HP let the Samsung-controller &-HDD in the machine AND backpacked (!!!!) the HP-controller &-HDD on it. 2 controller & 2 HDD = 4 possible problems
    Greetings...

HP M 607

Here are some pictures of what's included in the roller kit and comparison pictures.

20181130_065253.jpg20181130_065322.jpg20181130_065341.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I noticed the rollers (J8J70-67904) in these WORKSTATION class printers are ridiculous!! My printer hadn't even reached 12k and could already see roller wear. The roller kit which comes with a pickup roller "assembly" with an orange "installation tool" attached and a seperation roller assembly which is SUPPOSED to also have an orange installation tool included (although I didn't get one----wasn't needed. I used needle-nose pliers to remove it).
    I will try the firmware
    Tech support suggested replacing the entire feed assembly

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I had one that was doing the same thing...I think. It's been a few months. Anyway, I kept messing with the rollers and the sensor that sees the paper when the tray lifts. One of those plastic parts were out of place a little. I had an extra paper tray to compare it to, and I kept going back and forth between the two before I figured it out.