Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts HuronMan's Avatar

Re seat print head.

I have a t930 with a reseat print head message. The customer ordered and replaced it with another ph and has the same message. I went out and noticed the cyan ink was out of warranty\expired. Replaced the C ink, reseated ph and get the same message. Any one run into this or can suggest a fix? Please advise. Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Re seat print head.

Re: Re seat print head.

I haven't had many calls on the newer Designjets, but every one I have been on.. had to do with the damn unified printhead. Make sure the firmware is current and update it if not. You should be able to cancel the printhead replacement and get to the firmware update.. or update it via USB.

Also wet the ink plenums (those silver fittings that press into the printhead) with a little water, and when you close the printhead cover, hold it down for about 30 seconds.

Make sure the trailing cable isn't bowed out from where it travels along the back, behind the carriage path.

If none of this helps, then I would replace the carriage PCA.. which is reasonably easy to do.

Kiran