Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hp t1300 power problem

I have t1300, customer says it shuts down at random while printing. No warning or error message. She says she can do many prints, or it will stop during the first one. I tested correct voltage from the outlet,& checked power supply connections. I swapped cords & outlets with another machine. I printed several internal & external prints without problem when on site. the next day she called again to say it shut down again.
    The manual doesn't make reference to this problem, nor did anything I looked up online so far. Has anyone seen anything similar to this before ? Should I just order a power supply, or could it possibly be coming from something else? Thank you for your consideration.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp t1300 power problem

Re: hp t1300 power problem

When you say it shuts down, what happens exactly? The display goes blank? Carriage in the middle of the paper somewhere mid-print? Like you just pulled the power cord while it was printing? How do they get it back on, just a press of the power button and comes back on?

My guess would be the power supply.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It just shuts down mid-print. She says she just presses the power button, and it comes back on. I was talking to Eddie at LPT, even though I have found almost anything could happen, he says the power supply is rare to fail. I'm going to try some basic things that don't cost extra, but the different electronic components sound expensive - and non returnable. Thanks to Kiran and anyone else who have dealt with these odd problems.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp t1300 power problem

It is rare for the PSU to die but not impossible. You can run a diagnostic (electronics module test) on the power supply. I had a Z5200 giving 03:10 errors, and the 3rd time I ran the power supply diagnostic, the power supply exploded. Apparently the Z5200 has a specific power supply test vs testing the EMOD as a whole but maybe the diagnostic will tell you something.

I asked HP and they suggest disconnecting the 'snoopy' cable at the EMOD. This will disable the front panel but the printer should still function. See if the problem persists. You may have a bad touch panel or the interconnect PCA.

Kiran

SnoopyDATA.JPG

PS - I want to be more specific about disconnecting the front panel. Do it with the printer off from the rear power switch. When you turn the power on, the printer should initialize and be ready to print. Then wait and see if it shuts down again mid-printing. To turn it off again you'll have to use the rear power switch since the front panel is disconnected. It would also be helpful to know where the carriage is when it shuts down; is it somewhere over the media? Or parked in the service station like you intentionally pressed the power button?