Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hp t2500 can’t clear linesrintheadheadh m

Called in with a line/streak problem. Thought it was odd since I just replaced the old printhead about a week or so ago. The sample showed alternating light & normal bands bordered by dark, thin lines between the zones. Bands are horizontal & about the width of the ph nozzle area.
    Of course cleaned the encoded & oiled the rail. Also cleaned ph twice, performed paper advance cal twice, align printheads once, & updated firmware. The internal demo prints come out perfect, but when they print, it doesn’t change much. I thought maybe a driver, but when you do a copy the dark lines show up. I even tried tweaking the paper adv cal % but didn’t want to make it go to far out of wack one way or the other. It also didn’t change it much.
    I wonder what you experts would do next if faced with such a problem. Thank you for your consideration

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Hp t2500 can’t clear linesrintheadheadh m

Just to verify; this problem happens when they make a scan-copy, or print? If they scan to a file, does the scan look ok?

Could you scan the print and post a PDF or something here so I can see it?

Did this problem start after the printhead was replaced? What media are they printing on? Does it happen from both rolls?

If it will let you, try freeing up several feet of paper off the roll before doing a print so you eliminate the tension from the rewinder, and print something.

See if printing in the highest quality setting has any effect.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Hp t2500 can’t clear lines

The defect shows up when they print, and I saw it when I made copies. The internal demo prints come out brilliant like they should, though. I don't know how to post attachments, but it's so subtle, I don,t know if it would show up. It even kind of difficult to see the shade variance in person. There was two different jobs from two different people, & doing it on copies. I'll try your suggestions. It's just odd to me. I can't say it was doing it before the printhead was changed. I was looking at a different defect. (streaky/missing grey tones) Thank you for your ideas.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Hp t2500 can’t clear linesrintheadheadh m

To post an image, click the 'insert image' button in the toolbar. Or to attach a file like a PDF, click the Manage Attachments button below.

It would be very helpful if you can print and scan the Image Quality Maintenance Diagnostic Image from the front panel. It's described on page 194 of the user guide.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04902084

It's entirely possible you got a bad printhead, but it's hard to know without seeing the problem. If in doubt, return the printhead to where you got it as defective and get a replacement.

Kiran