Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet T7200 clogged ink line

Re: Designjet T7200 clogged ink line

I'm going to find out if they are interchangeable. They use the same inks/printheads. But knowing HP, if they have 2 different part numbers.. they're different somehow.

Kiran
    Last edited by Kiran Otter; 01-03-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

It irritates me that something as simple as some air in the lines can cause a $1000 problem... especially when they're so dang hard to get hold of. For a $12,000 printer! To get the customer going, I bypassed the check valves... kind of. I'm thinking those valves must be there to keep ink from back flowing... although there might be some sort of pressure sensitivity involved. Anyway, I work on several continuous-flow ink systems in production environments and I stole one of the one-way check valves from one of them to put in place of the one on the HP. The customer knows this is temporary until we have the new part, but I'm interested to see if it works, or if some weird problem develops, like ink leaking everywhere (that would suck).

If it does work, I'm just gonna keep a bunch of them with me, along with some tubing, and bypass HP's valves any time I come across them and have air in the lines.

You can see something similar to the valve I used here:
    https://www.amazon.com/PQYRACING-Ret...lve+1%2F8+inch

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet T7200 clogged ink line

For whatever it's worth.. the tubes for the T7200 are on backorder until April! The difference between the tubes for the T7100 and T7200 is that the ISS PCAs are different. You could use the T7100 tubes and trailing cable, if you swap over the ISS PCAs to the new tubes, then force a purge. This is what LPS has you do with their tubes.

Kiran

So they estimated April, but I just got a tracking number saying something will be here by the 10th of this month (this Thursday).

BTW - concerning the blank screen I was getting, I went through, one more time, as Kiran suggested, and re-tightened, re-plugged, re-everything... we're back in business.

New ink lines installed--everything works.

I still keep thinking about the fact that you can't purge the lines of air on this.

I'm assuming that the way those valves work is that pressure has to come from the ink cartridges, instead of suction coming from the printhead end. I wonder if you could fix up a syringe so that you could suck ink out of the cartridge, and (with the printhead out) push the ink through the lines from the ink cartridge end.

I have the old ink lines... I think I might experiment and see if I can work something out.