Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Black strip on copy plotter HP T2300ps

Re: Black strip on copy plotter HP T2300ps

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Silva View Post
    I think I'm facing a flash. Today I went to check the Cis element, as a suggestion of this forum. In principle the defect appeared on the Cis A. I did not see an apparent defect in the led. He was doing scanner tests in different positions. I would try to calibrate too. On the 4th scanner the strip disappears. I did not make any intervention. I hope the problem does not return, but for now I did not find the cause. I will continue to monitor. It is very bad to work with flashes.
    Thank you for your contribution. Let's continue sharing knowledge.
    Not to insult.. but to understand " Flashes "? = GLITCH?

please explain..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Flash?

Technician

As I need to translate, words are not always accurate. It is a temporary malfunction.
    Yesterday was all right. Today came back again. And the machine was not even turned off. I'll do the calibration tomorrow. I was able to find the standard HP sheet. It has never been used. I hope to have good results tomorrow. I'm not really convinced that a simple calibration can correct something so grotesque. Thanks for the suggestions.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Silva View Post
    As I need to translate, words are not always accurate. It is a temporary malfunction.
    Yesterday was all right. Today came back again. And the machine was not even turned off. I'll do the calibration tomorrow. I was able to find the standard HP sheet. It has never been used. I hope to have good results tomorrow. I'm not really convinced that a simple calibration can correct something so grotesque. Thanks for the suggestions.
    well i have seen scanner calibration solve alot of CQ issues.... not just on wide format but on copiers also

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

You have to tell the scanner what is white and what is black. If you don't tell it, it doesn't know. As parts get older, dirtier, and worn, white and black begin to look electronically different to them, so you have to re-calibrate. If the problem is coming and going, it's most likely the calibration that would fix it.

Technician

Hello.
    Today the defect did not appear. I tried the calibration 4 times for the service mode. All 4 attempts failed. I did everything that says the manual. There is no dirty glass or the standard sheet shows dust or scratches. I will wait for the return of the defect to change the CIS Element A to another. If the track changes, I'll make sure the fault is in the LED. I'll come to suspect cable flat as well. I can not wait to definitely find the cause of the defect. Thank you very much for your contribution.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When the calibration failed did it give you any kind of error code or message?

If you can download the diagnostics package from the web interface, I can get it looked at. It might tell us what the problem is. The process is explained in Appendix C of the service manual.

Also it's not necessary to go into the service mode to calibrate the scanner. The option to calibrate is in the normal user menu.

Kiran

Technician

Hi, Kiran.

Thanks for the contribution. There was no problem today either. In all cases, what software should I use to interpret the ".trb" file? Be alright.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I don't know. Try just notepad? It's supposedly just a log file.

Kiran

Technician

I tried to open it in several ways. I searched the internet too, but it was not possible to open. The most I could do was display in machine language. Must have a specific interpreter. Any help will be appreciated.