Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

hp LASER JET 600 m601 i cant get to "reports" from the display panel

Hi guys, Happy Valentines Day.

i am really missing the ball on this one. i spent some time trying to get to the reports, or admin so i can get the serial number, engine counts, usage page, error codes or jam codes etc.

even when I installed it for them some time back, the display apparently needs a service password, or user or other access code to get in. basically, all I can do is open the help screen that gives useless info for me.

does anyone know what is needed to get into the display options?

I would really appreciate any advice given.

thank you, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: hp LASER JET 600 m601 i cant get to "reports" from the display panel

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi guys,
    i am really missing the ball on this one. i spent some time trying to get to the reports, or admin so i can get the serial number, engine counts, usage page, error codes or jam codes etc.
    even when I installed it for them some time back, the display apparently needs a service password, or user or other access code to get in. basically, all I can do is open the help screen that gives useless info for me.
    does anyone know what is needed to get into the display options?
    I would really appreciate any advice given. thank you, Jim
    Jim.. I believe ADMIN>reports and from there your on your own

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Jim.. I believe ADMIN>reports and from there your on your own
    but i cant get to anything. all others, i go that route.

all i see is places to enter access codes.

i am going back for another printer there tomorrow. i will look again and take a picture of the display and choices.

thank you very much, and i will reply to this link tomorrow. have a very nice evening, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    but i cant get to anything. all others, i go that route.

all i see is places to enter access codes.

i am going back for another printer there tomorrow. i will look again and take a picture of the display and choices.

thank you very much, and i will reply to this link tomorrow. have a very nice evening, Jim
    Hmm someone set up codes... in admin.. user admin password < blank>

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I think when someone sets a password, it is done from the webadmin menu--you have to do it from a computer when it is online. I'm not sure if there's a way around this. Maybe you can do a reset, and then get into it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp LASER JET 600 m601 i cant get to &quot;reports&quot; from the display panel

I think you can change those codes in the pre-boot menu. I THINK. I think I did it once due to being locked out of a service area I needed to get into.

Whats werad, the customer presented this printer several months ago to have me install it. obviously everything is on a server. but even on the first boot up, i dont think i was ever able to see the normal screen.

i tried everything. the only thing i could print was a help page. which caught me off guard, as i wasn't able to set any printer info data.

so, now i was there for a service issue, and still i have no way to get page a page count. and none of the other printers act this way.

I see i wrote the wrong model number. its a M607. Sorry.

i am going back today and will get better info. Happy Friday, Jim

I'd just format the disk and start from scratch. Make sure you have the firmware on a FAT32 formatted stick as that's the only way to reinstall the firmware. Give yourself at least 20 minutes. It will copy the firmware into the repository, then, it will copy that "gold firmware" into the active partition and install it.

Happy Friday guys.

ok, i got there and at first it seemed futile, as i have been there before trying for a while and never any luck.

Well, somehow all of a sudden there was icons for supplies, reports on and on etc. then in a kookie way, i figured out how to navigate the screen that looks like a touch screen, but isn't and got the config and usage pages.
    whats odd, i had all the literature that came with the printer, and i don't recall anything about the screen. i guess HP.com is where they furnish the info to use it. not with the blue tape you peel off, so you can peel out of the parking lot after you set it up.

i retraced my steps, and from the home screen, if you call it that, which has two icons, called "job storage" and USB Drive" above that is "Reset" and Sign In"
    well, if you hit the right arrow key, then you see additional icons that allow you to navigate as with prior HP laser jets, but different enough for me, it wasn't intuitive, at least for an old school tech like apparently ME. i must have hit every conceivable possibility, with the exception of the correct one.

so, i feel kinda stupid, but hey, its Friday, and i got the info i needed finally.

thank you for giving me the needed push to getter done.

Have a great weekend, Jim.

Yeah. Understandable.

I was under the impression the control panel was locked out, but, I can understand the frustration on these non-touch panels using the FutureSmart 4 firmware which is more intuitive WITH a touch panel than using physical buttons.

The first one of these I came up on, I was just as confused as I fumbled around trying to touch the non-touch screen, then, pushing the buttons and paying attention to the dotted outline that appeared around the icons and other buttons. Hard to see unless you are looking for it! Stupid on HP's decision.