Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP T1300PS "edge not found"

Looking for some help here. This machine will start to load the paper in either carriage but after pulling it in so far, it comes up with an "edge not found" message and says to reload the paper. I tried to calibrate the single sheet sensor but it failed. The user says to started out occasionally and they would reload the paper and it would work for a few days but, now it is constant. I am a Konica Minolta trained tech but, I did train on the HP 4000, 5000, and 8000XLs.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP T1300PS "edge not found"

Quote Originally Posted by jwrycza View Post
    Looking for some help here. This machine will start to load the paper in either carriage but after pulling it in so far, it comes up with an "edge not found" message and says to reload the paper. I tried to calibrate the single sheet sensor but it failed. The user says to started out occasionally and they would reload the paper and it would work for a few days but, now it is constant. I am a Konica Minolta trained tech but, I did train on the HP 4000, 5000, and 8000XLs.
    Sounds like paper sensor not working.. do you have error code?
    what kind of paper?
    so many details missing

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Sounds like paper sensor not working.. do you have error code?
    what kind of paper?
    so many details missing
    Sorry. The user said it had an 86.01 code originally that disappeared and has not came back. It makes no unusual noise when starting up. They are also using plain white paper which they have been using for a couple years.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It's a problem with the line sensor in the carriage. You can replace it. Q6683-67004 $36 from HP. When you remove it, look at it and see if it's clouded with ink, that would be why it can't see the paper edge. If it looks OK, still replace it and see if it works. Could also be the carriage PCA but start with the least expensive part first.

Kiran

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    It's a problem with the line sensor in the carriage. You can replace it. Q6683-67004 $36 from HP. When you remove it, look at it and see if it's clouded with ink, that would be why it can't see the paper edge. If it looks OK, still replace it and see if it works. Could also be the carriage PCA but start with the least expensive part first.

Kiran

Thank you, Kiran! You were right on the money! I got the sensor yesterday and replaced it and she took right off. Thank you again!