Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Color Laserjet M477 59.f0

I had never gotten this error on a M477. I saw in another thread that someone said the only way to get rid of it was replace the ITB. I took the ITB out to look at it and see if there was anything that I could fiddle with. I put it all back together, and now the prints are completely blank. I can't think of what I could've done, but it probably has something to do with the ITB. I put it away the exact opposite of how I took it out. There aren't a whole lot of things to unplug.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: Color Laserjet M477 59.f0

Hi there!
    This box is a CANON-engine, and they have the same trouble with the itb. The solution is a special firmware. HP has written also a new special fw.
    It´s named DCCV1_51.prn, is on the technical page (linked). There´s also a pdf how to install. We´re testing the special fw, and see if it will help.
    Greetings...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Zeldaman is absolutely correct. I'm attaching the pertinent files since this is problematic for A LOT of people and should not be contained to only certain people.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...VZqaUZvaVQ3TWs

Hopefully this link works.

Any idea why my pages would suddenly go blank?

This belt is tricky. The part that got me on my first one were the "levers" above the power supply. Did you put those back in the correct positions? You re-connected the two rear connectors?

I've replaced 3 or 4 of these on the single-function (M452) under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    This belt is tricky. The part that got me on my first one were the "levers" above the power supply. Did you put those back in the correct positions? You re-connected the two rear connectors?

I've replaced 3 or 4 of these on the single-function (M452) under warranty.
    I believe I got them in the right place... you push kind of hard until they click, then you have to push up until the click again.

Yeah--and there's those two plugs, which I checked. I was hoping someone had this happen to them and could give me a clue.

The levers pull down, then, pull slightly out when removing, then push slightly back in and back up when reinstalling. I was afraid I was going to break them as much force as you need to exert to unclip and clip them. Secondary transfer assembly flush?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I had never gotten this error on a M477. I saw in another thread that someone said the only way to get rid of it was replace the ITB. I took the ITB out to look at it and see if there was anything that I could fiddle with. I put it all back together, and now the prints are completely blank. I can't think of what I could've done, but it probably has something to do with the ITB. I put it away the exact opposite of how I took it out. There aren't a whole lot of things to unplug.
    You'll have to remove the belt again. On the right side of the belt, the side above the power supply there's 2 slots/openings that the white plastic guides you moved out of the way to remove the belt fit into. You can fit a flat screwdriver into each one and turn clockwise and a lever will move back and forth on the belt, position the levers in the back position before reinstalling the belt. You'll know they're in the correct position because the plastic guides will fit back in place without issue. Hope this helps, sorry if my directions are hard to follow it's a little difficult to describe.

Thanks--I didn't see this response till today. Unfortunately, this machine has already been given up on.

But that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Thanks--I didn't see this response till today. Unfortunately, this machine has already been given up on.

But that's good to know.

Good for you. I just spotted one at Best Buy for $315 bucks when you trade in your old printer. What's that 3 hours labor? A couple fusers? Shouldn't be servicing them at all!
    Attached Images Attached Images