Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    I don't wanna keep this post dragging too long... but I reconize when I've come across a worthy fellow forum go'er. I actually work with (2) women and I think it is great to have that dynamic in our branch. How did you get into this profession by accident? What all do you work on beside HP? How are things in the south? Long rides between customers or are you in a downtown area? Take care.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Re: Internal clock error - hp 4250

Heheheeee! I just found this thread while researching that 11.00.XX error.. It's funny as I started working on printers many moons ago... Mostly "Line Matrix, Dot Matrix" and when Lasers first started coming out.. All they really are are "modified copiers" with the capability to print ( and now fax, email and scan) We used to carry a van full of spare parts along with actual components... The most important tools back then were of course your basic tool bag, which was suitcase sized and weighed about 35lbs. along with an analog multi meter, soldering tools and and "Oscilloscope" I guess the point I am trying to make we had all the tools and capability to perform component level repairs out in the field.. I think most people have heard of the "Centronics Interface"???.. That is the company I started working for... It was a great company until it was taken over by Genicom which I also worked for for many years... Most of today's Printer/copier techs will never know what it was as now a days it's a swap only field and hoping the part replaced will fix it...Lol.... Cheers everyone......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Internal clock error - hp 4250

Quote Originally Posted by CanonHPTech View Post
    Come on, printer techs don't solder anything. They just swap till they drop.
    I have never soldered anything and do not even carry an iron with me. I don't have the time in the field to be bothered with it. Most newer equipment is either micro soldered or would require a schmetic that I don't carry to troubleshoot anyhow.

REALLY ?.

easy way to solder the wires to a battery is to use rosin flux on the battery. just a tad bit and the solder will adhere with ease.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke