Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdn printing blank pages

Hey Guys,

First things first, I'm usually a Sharp tech, but our company does do 3rd party contract work. The worst part about that, as some may know, we have no influence as to what parts are first sent to fix the problem. This is determined by the gurus at the determined printer/copier provider.

I've currently fallen into a job that one of our Tech's was attending but has since gone on leave.

So the machine is as above a, HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdn. Original symptoms were, Black printing fine, colors very faint.

The powers that be, first determined that it was the toner cartridge tray (RM2-6401-000CN). No Result.

The gurus then determined that it must be the Laser/Scanner Assy (RM2-5612-000CN). No Result
    Then we went and fit an Engine Controller PC board Assy (RM2-7909-00CN). No Result

Today I was sent on a mission again. BTW, the client is understandably pissed. I had to fit an ITB.

Well I took the side covers off, removed the fuser cover, extended the toner tray, removed the secondary transfer, removed the ITB after unplugging the 2 plugs.
    Reassembled with the new ITB. Reversed the procedure for all parts.

Put the printer back in place and. . . . . . Not faint, Not black, but freaking blank pages.

What is going on guys, I called HP CE assist, I got nothing but unintelligible garble and the client is understandably pissed.

ANY IDEAS?

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdn printing blank pages

Re: HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdn printing blank pages

Hi,

It does not matter which brand you are fixing, things always go systematically.
    You need to find the source of the problem in the fastest and cheapest way and the user will not be pissed.

The powers that be, first determined that it was the toner cartridge tray (RM2-6401-000CN). No Result.
    First is always toner cartiridge and not printer parts! Did you check color cartridge quality?
    Post a sample. If possible, supply status page.

Make a force stop and check if picture is faint olready on cartiridge fotoconductor.(drum).If not check on transfer belt ....

When you break up the device for so much time,at the end it actually works worse than when you arrive.
    Blank pages? Probably forgotten connector or more likely not assembled ok and the laser shutter does not move away.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdn printing blank pages