Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P.O.S. HP Enterprise M527 Default PIN????

I don't normally ask these types of questions, but here it goes!

Does anyone know what the hell the Default PIN is for either the EWS or control panel? HP support websites/ manuals don't seem to give it out for this F***** model. (They say they are "publicly available" in all SM's. Google hasn't been very helpful either.
    Need to get into a diagnostics menu or a Service Menu PERIOD to shift registration! Screen doesn't have buttons for diags or IP or anything, I'm assuming because I'm not signed in as "administrator".
    Have tried all the combos to no avail. Going on 5 hours at this machine and haven't done a F***** thing to it! I have gone into Preboot menu, and changed ALL the passwords (admin/ service), it "accepts" both passwords, but then the only one that works is the service password, which when I sign in with that, it still doesn't give me SHIT for diagnostics or any kind of service mode. At my wits end with this POS.

So, Does anyone have a SM or list that actually contains the "Default Pin"? (Customer "says" they haven't changed anything).
    Am I missing something in the password change portion?
    When resetting password (not service PW), it accepts, and will let me sign into the preboot menu with that PW, but not the Control panel admin access code or the EWS.

If someone can help me, I will Ship you a Six-Pack of your favorite Brew. this is driving me NUTS!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: P.O.S. HP Enterprise M527 Default PIN????

Sorry I don't have the pin but I will look through my notes later today. I should have it or sure someone else will provide it.

Just my opinion which ain't worth much. I don't think HP has made a decent machine since the LJ4250. It was all downhill when they came out with the "P" models. Now I know that the "P" stands for "Piece of Shit" !!!!!

UPDATE: Got it all figured Out!

"Customer" didn't change anything, but the guy they hired to install the two printers DID, and then kept telling them he didn't have any passwords.
    Well after personally calling the guy, and kindly explaining to him, that He HAS TO HAVE a password in order to have set up the Scan folders/ networking/ etc., suddenly he remembered having a password! (A password that he doesn't want to give out because he uses it for "EVERYTHING").
    So, I was able to access the EWS, add the "Device Maint." tab to homescreen, and adjust the ADF scanning to get rid of the trailing edge line (a line that we think appeared because "the guy" carried them in by the scanner bed essentially (according to customer). All in all, after getting the password, only took 15 min. HAHAHA!

Thank you guys for your responses.