Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

HP 9050, 13:05 jam

When I first looked at it, the paper was stopping between the fuser and the drum. I have a second machine so I swapped the fuser and drum and they worked fine. On a 3 page config, only the first page made it into the machine. I spoke with Eddie at LPT and he agreed that the piu must be the problem, so I changed the piu and the reg assembly with new ones. On the first try, the first sheet came out and it jammed on the second in the config report. It did that a couple of times, then went back to jam on first page, but this time I have all three pages in the machine. The only thing I had not changed was the transfer roller, so I swapped with the other machine. The first try, all 3 pages came out, kind of wavy. The next to 3 tries, I got all 3 pages, then it started jamming again. Any ideas, I would be grateful.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: HP 9050, 13:05 jam

Have you tried the reg assembly yet fix ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hello, its been a while since i did a lot of the 9050's, but i remember that there is that removable guide down between the main machine and the lower 2 paper drawers. if you open the right side door, at the bottom is a gray removable guide that you release two clips on and lift it up and out. i have had the replace that for jams. since you have the luxury of a spare machine its an easy test.

also, i think i had to replace the right side feed in vertical transport assembly a few times, kinda like the old 5si/ 8000 and also the registration unit that is between the transfer roller and the feed in unit.

i think the symptom of the reg unit though was crumpled or bent paper in that area.

good luck, Jim

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    Have you tried the reg assembly yet fix ?

Thanks for replying. The reg was replaced with the PIU. I will swap that paper guide that connects the trays and see what happens.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ok, and here's the basic stuff.

Running multiple prints for jamming isolation is a bad situation.

I always try to get a machine to jam running a single print.That way you really know better
    where the actual problem is.

Example, if the paper misfeeds from the tray on the third print, the first print is under the toner cartridge, leading you to believe that's where the problem is.

Try to get it to jam running one print.

Also, if that's not possible, try printing using different paper drawers and see if that changes anything.
    Maybe the problem is in a particular drawer?

Jim