Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP color laser jet enterprise CP 4525 error 59.F0 ITB unit ok?

Hi Guys, i had this error and rushed to replace the ITB belt unit. of coarse that didn't resolve the issue.
    i cheated the right side door and can see the belt and fuser turning. it seems that in startup, the fuser turns fast and then slow, which may be normal. the 4 toners are at 100%, 2 at 90% and one at 50%, all OEM.

i noticed when the ITB unit is out, the white drive coupler in the machine for raising and lowering the transfer roller inside the belt unit may turn one direction, and then at times, looks like its trying to turn the opposite direction, but stops. i don't have another test machine so don't know if this is the issue or not.

but that white plastic drive coupler is part of the fuser drive unit, (duplex), and from the picture looks to only have one motor and a solenoid on it. so, i am not sure if the solenoid is only for the transfer roller lift or the fuser or ? duplex.

i removed the power supply and interconnect board, but decided it might be like the laser jet M575 paper feed drive unit job. a royal pain, and that one didn't fix after replacing the paper pick up unit. (different machine and problem, but felt like it was going to be another nightmare. )

has anyone run into this error and found what was the actual cause??

thank you very much for any assistance.
    have a nice day, Jim

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP color laser jet enterprise CP 4525 error 59.F0 ITB unit ok?

Re: HP color laser jet enterprise CP 4525 error 59.F0 ITB unit ok?

I've had several 4525's give this error. In each case it was caused by the fuser drive assembly. There's a pad on one of the solenoids (to reduce noise) but the pads deteriorate over time and get sticky which causes the solenoid to be slow to release and you get a 59.F0 error. Best bet is to replace the fuser drive assy. Note that the part number is different for printers with a duplexer vs the simplex version.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: HP color laser jet enterprise CP 4525 error 59.F0 ITB unit ok?

thank you. i went back out to try to test a few things. when the belt is out, the retract alienation drive keeps turning like a sticking solenoid pad. but when i put the ITB unit back in and watch the sensor from inside the top cover, it goes into the raised position while booting, and at the end dropped down, and codded out. i held the sensor up and it did th esame thing. i also tested that sensor thru the LED panel, and it switches state when actuated.

there are some that found a bad DC controller, and since the fuser drive is such a big job to do on top of a file cabinet with hardly any room in a quiet office, they had given me a max they would spend, and it just doesn't seem worthwhile to attempt.

i had a similar machine the color M575 that had an intermittent paper misfeed due to roller not turning. that thing was in a cubby hole on a short cabinet. it did it on my knees, and after getting the new paper feed drive unit in, it did the same thing.

so, guess ill eat the cost of a 2nd day air, and the restocking fee on the ITB on this one.

sad, but don't want to do a 2 hour job and be out more money.

have a a great weekend. i do really appreciate all the help, Jim