Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP 4200/ Fuser error

HP 4200/ Fuser error

HI,
    Customer called with 50.2 Error. I know it has to do with fuser,Do I have tyo replace or is it usually something else?
    THANKS< ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 4200/ Fuser error

HP 4200/ Fuser error

50.2 is a "warm-up service" error

Potential Problems:

a) Fuser not reaching mid to upper warm-up temp range - bad heat element
    b) Fuser not maintaining optimum heat for proper fuser operation - bad heat element (thermistor circuit) or disconnected heat element cable
    c) Fuser connector is damaged - also could be connector in printer (unlikely)
    d) Fuser is not seated properly due to crack/flaw in one or more plastic blue clips
    e) Improper line voltage coming in or not consistant
    f) DC Controller defective (thermistor circuit) and not reading fuser information correctly
    g) Power supply defective (ac voltage to heat element is not consistant)

Troubleshoot your problem:

1) plug printer into different wall outlet and not into a surge protector
    2) verify fuser heat element cables are connected properly - disconnect and reconnect again.
    3) verify blue clips are not damaged, verify good connectors between printer and fuser, and reseat fuser.
    4)Using attached schematic verify AC voltages coming out of power supply and what's going into DC controller.

I have never changed power supply or dc controller for 50 error in this machine. 90% chance its a fuser or line voltage.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

HP 4200/ Fuser error

Hp 4200/Fuser Error

HI,
    Thanks for replying to ALL my posts promptly,I wish I could recipricate,but Im a old copier guy from 30 years ago ,not much help on newer Equipment.I went to customer ,who told me when I got there that it happenened after a jam,I ordered a new fuser unit a little while ago.
    THANKS,ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 4200/ Fuser error

HP 4200/ Fuser error

That's what I would have done. I just dont like to hear copier techs say that printer techs just throw parts at the machine to solve a problem. Copier approach and printer approach is a bit different. Most of the time we try the "most likely cause" approach vs the "troubleshoot down to the individual part within the component" method. Time (= money), money, & value of the machine must be weighed. Glad I could help.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

HP 4200/ Fuser error

HP 4200/Fuser Error

Hi Again,
    Thanks fur your help,the fuser unit did the trick. I do have one question though,this is second time this week it happened to me.The machine(power only)was unplugged for a few days. when I got machine running the the network printers were not able to print to it. I told them get their It people. Im computer illiterate,so im not sure what I need to do to re-establish contact with the printers. Ive run into this before,but Im lost. Can I re-address easily?
    ANDY

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Network

It might be that the Network card is set to DHCP mode and is grabbing a new address, (not what their driver is set to).

print a config sheet and see what the IP address is set to.
    Normally if it's DHCP it will be very near what their driver is set to, maybe just a few digits off on the last octet.

The solution would be to set the IP to what they have their drivers set to manually so that it does not keep changing.

look at the IP adress... Type it into the address bar of a computer on the same network...aka "http:// 192.168.0.1."

this should bring up the webserver for the printer...and you can make the changes there quite easily.

HP 4200/ Fuser error

Hp 4200/Fuser Error

HI,
    Thank you,I`ll do it on Monday.
    ANDY