Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP T730

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question HP T730

Prints some documents in wrong direction on paper. Could this be caused by the Print Driver? It has also printed like 2 inches of a blue print and stopped printing. Customer will have to unplug machine to get it to reset.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP T730

Re: HP T730

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdaddy View Post
    Prints some documents in wrong direction on paper. Could this be caused by the Print Driver? It has also printed like 2 inches of a blue print and stopped printing. Customer will have to unplug machine to get it to reset.
    Measure the width of the paper rolls and compare that data to the paper width displayed on the panel & in the driver.

I've seen whole cases of rolls that measure 36 1/16", and display that way on the panel and in the driver (36.1"). That's a mismatch for Arch C, Arch D, & Arch E prints. The funny part was that I had successfully guessed this over the phone for a billable customer. They did not believe me. The salesman brought out an actual 36" roll of paper that did read correctly and does size match. Then they wanted a refund for the paper that they bought from somebody else. What?? No. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP T730

Blackcat is absolutely right about the roll width. Though I thought HP put out a firmware update to deal with that?

And I believe in the driver there's an option for 'auto rotate'. I never recommend enabling this. Set the rotation to zero.

If you can post a picture of the 2 inches of blue, and knowing what they're trying to print (PDF, image, DWG,) might be helpful. Does the ink go from edge to edge of the paper or is there a border? Edge to edge means there could be something up with the printer; carriage or trailing cable perhaps. If there are borders then it's likely a driver issue, or communications issue. If it's a specific file they're printing, try rotating it 180 degrees and printing it, see if there's a difference.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Blackcat is absolutely right about the roll width. Though I thought HP put out a firmware update to deal with that?

And I believe in the driver there's an option for 'auto rotate'. I never recommend enabling this. Set the rotation to zero.

If you can post a picture of the 2 inches of blue, and knowing what they're trying to print (PDF, image, DWG,) might be helpful. Does the ink go from edge to edge of the paper or is there a border? Edge to edge means there could be something up with the printer; carriage or trailing cable perhaps. If there are borders then it's likely a driver issue, or communications issue. If it's a specific file they're printing, try rotating it 180 degrees and printing it, see if there's a difference.
    Thanks for the Reply. There is a border on the prints. Also when i printed a Test print out of memory it didnt print it from border to border on 36 inch paper. should it?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP T730

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdaddy View Post
    Thanks for the Reply. There is a border on the prints. Also when i printed a Test print out of memory it didnt print it from border to border on 36 inch paper. should it?
    No, it shouldn't print edge to edge. If there is ink in the voids it's being smeared from something else. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP T730

I've seen printers print a swath constantly from the service station all the way across the media path and beyond. I think this is more of a fluke than anything else. I don't recall a printer doing it all the time and it needing a replacement of some part. If anything it just required a new printhead(s).

Kiran