Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    redinger

HP 3600 dn Calibration Problems

I have a customer with an HP 3600dn.

At times she will be printing a letterhead document and her company's logo, which is black set in a clear object box background will print with a cyan background. If we run a forced calibration the problem goes away and the object box with the logo does not print with the cyan background.

Driver has been reloaded, the latest firmware is being used. The operating system is Vista.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Cool

Is geniune hp toner being used?

redinger
    No. But that should not matter. If you think that it makes a difference, please explain.

I had one that it had non hp cartridge that did the same thing, and it would also leave smudges on copies after a few prints. I thought it was the transfer belt unit(need to check its life counter). Replaced it and problem came back. New geniune hp and problem gone. I did notice that drums in Hp were of a different material and color than nons. I am not an HP rep so please dont think I'm promoting that. I just had a similar prob and tossed out what I found. seems my printer was real finicky.

with any of HP's color laserjets, DO NOT mix cartridges. Either use all OEM or all Third Party. It will affect the image quality. There are some good third party cartridges out there, but you may have a defective one. Even a new OEM can be defective.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".