Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

HP CM3530 Code:49.C02

Any one know what this code is? The HP website is so vague. And got no manual.

The machine is about a month old and they print large reports from various sources (remote locations and servers) in the mornings. Never happens later in the day, just some mornings. Further digging into the user's mind (with a jack hammer) revealed that the 4250 that was replaced by this unit also did this same thing at the same time during the day. I'm thinking network issues, offending print instructions in jobs.

Any thoughts? Solutions?

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This issue can be caused by a firmware error,corrupt data, invalid print commands, invalid operations, poor quality parallel cables, poor network connections or software application conflicts. My first suggestion on any printer with this error is check the network card. The 4250 usually has a built in one and I dont know what the CM3530 has. If the 4250 used a Jetdirect and they're using the same one on the CM, then that is probably your problem. Replace the Jetdirect card. The next thing I would check, since this happened before with another printer is to check if the problem is occuring with different programs or just one. For example, does the problem only occur when trying to print a PDF file? If it is, it may be a software conflict between the driver and the software. I would make sure you instruct the customer (or their IT department) to install the latest version of the software, any patches, or software upgrades. Try again. Connect printer with a different network connection. Maybe the network cable is damaged or not connected properly. They should also check the network settings. Download the latest printer driver. If the latest is installed, you may need to downgrade the driver (PCL5, for example), because the software they're using may be conflicting with it. I dont think the following would be your problem because you had this happen to the 4250. If that doesnt correct the problem, upgrade the firmware (install new one-dont flash it). Check memory DIMM's, replace if necessary. Let me know if this works.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thank you prntrfxr for the very detailed and excellent reply.

I went back there this morning. They aren't using the same JetDirect card. The cm3530nf comes with one. So that's not the issue I'm sure. But a good suggestion.

After talking with the customer I found that the errors were happening when they were printing exclusively from a special banking software called iCore. Also only on certain reports from one off-site server. After talking with the remote IT staff, they agreed to check the special PCL codes which they have to input for specific printers. The IT guy sounded very knowledgeable and all but admitted that they have the same issues on a few other printers. We ended the conversation with him taking this on as a project and said he will let me know if he needs any more info.

I also learned 'on-the-fly' how to set up the scan to folder on this model. It was pretty easy as I have plenty of Ricoh experience. The interface is just a little different.

So again, thank you for the response. It was in time for me to read this morning before leaving home.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you're welcome. Sounded to me either like a network problem or software vs printer driver conflict. Glad you nailed down which one it was. Hope you have a great day!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    i've had this error code when a customer prints webpages, also when using safecom