Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jsinervo

HP LaserJet 9050 Toner build-up on transfer roller

Hi,
    We've got an HP LaserJet 9050 that we do high volume on. I'm getting black streaks on the long edges of 11 x 17" paper that correspond to toner that is building up on the transfer roller.

This began happening after I replaced the transfer roller (but not the entire transfer roller assembly) with a maintenance kit replacement.

Problem has persisted through a few toner cartridges. Is it likely to be the transfer roller or the assembly? Any way to clean/repair these until I can get a new one? Should I be looking for a whole new assembly or just a new roller, and how can I tell exactly which is causing the problem?

Could I have created/prevented this problem when installing the new roller? It came wrapped in paper, and I didn't touch any part of the roller while installing.

Any ideas appreciated!

Jean

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is it likely to be the transfer roller or the assembly? Any way to clean/repair these until I can get a new one? Should I be looking for a whole new assembly or just a new roller, and how can I tell exactly which is causing the problem?

Could I have created/prevented this problem when installing the new roller?
    Yes to all the above. I've personally never changed just the roller on this machine. It may be something as simple as a grounding clip under the roller out of position. Try replacing the whole assembly and see if the problem goes away. (The entire assembly should come with the maintenance kit if its OEM or a third party company like mine that uses OEM transfer assemblies with our maintenance kit.) You may simply have a defective transfer roller too.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

jsinervo

Thanks

Thanks, Maine Girl ...
    It was a bad transfer roller.