Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP 4345 mfp frozen

I have a HP 4345 that one of my techs brought to shop because they cant get running.

You put a document in the feeder or on the glass and it will start the drive sys of the machine briefly the just say scanning on the display and just sit there for about 5min and then kick out a blank page and is frozen. you can cancel job but still the blank copy kicks out after 5 min.

We have replaced the formatter and HDD with no success.

Has anyone seen this or something simular.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 4345 mfp frozen

HP 4345 mfp frozen

check the connecting cable between the ADF and the printer. Sometimes it comes lose or gets damaged.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP 4345 mfp frozen

I don't know if this will help you, but back in the analog days, if the machine could not find scanner home position or the lamp intensity was not correct, the machine would act just like you described. I was working mostly on Canon at the time, but this carried through to other manufacturers. Since Canon shared many of the same engines with HP, this may apply to your situation.

I hope this helps you. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 4345 mfp frozen

HP 4345 mfp frozen

blackcat4866 I don't know if this will help you, but back in the analog days, if the machine could not find scanner home position or the lamp intensity was not correct, the machine would act just like you described. I was working mostly on Canon at the time, but this carried through to other manufacturers. Since Canon shared many of the same engines with HP, this may apply to your situation.
    I agree with Blackcat, unfortunately if its a bad home position sensor you cant replace just the sensor. You end up having to replace the entire flatbed scanner unit (includes top frame and glass). HP has fixed so it is nearly impossible to get in there to clean it as well. My first step would be to check the cable, because HP connection cables for flatbed scanners are a weakness, then you could try to clean the white reference strip for home position, but ultimately you may end up having to replace the entire flatbed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP 4345 mfp frozen

Hey prntrfxr! Is that same photointerrupter used elsewhere in the machine? Maybe some place that has a separate, unique part #? In my experience once a type of photointerrupter is selected, the manufacturer sticks to only two or three variations of it in a machine build. Why have 25 different kinds? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=