Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Designjet 5500ps

I have a Designjet which prints greys with a hint of green. This is not a driver problem as when printing out the config page the grey on that is the same. I have tried various calibrations and all colours are present, all the printheads have been changed but still no success. When doing a printhead calibration, error 0021 is displayed. I've cleaned the lens and ordered a line sensor, but I fear this will not help. There is an identically configured machine at the side and this is working fine. Can someone please offer any advice as to what this problem may be? I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

fumblejack
    HAve you tried turning of Black Ink Replacement through the Internal RIP settings through the front panel?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    That error is a line sensor error. After you change the line sensor, check the colors again, if one is missing or off, change that printhead again.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I'll give turning off black replacement a try today but the other machine is set the same and that's ok, but everything's worth a try. As for the line sensor, when the printhead calibration is done, all the colours look fine but will have to wait until next week to fit that part. Thanks very much for help. Much appreciated.

I fitted a new line sensor today and its fixed. The error code has gone and grey is now correct.

Thanks for the help.

Blue prints as Purple

I have a similar problem. When I print something with a lot of Blue, such as a solid blue background, it prints as purple, or with purple streaks in the blue. I have tried everything that I "know" how to do. Does this sound like its a line sensor error as well?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    It could very well be. Those lens looking things in the foam on the lid are for the line sensor. Nobody ever changes them. They just pull out and push the new one in. Try that , then replace the sensor. However streaking or banding is usually from a bad printhead. Run a pallet sample and check the solids. Look for banding in the blue.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking