Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP p2015n 3 leds

I went to help a collegue out today with two HP p2015n printers. One had the top 3 leds lit(not flashing) and the other had the top two lit. I checked the service and user manuals but these sequences are not shown. I tried a cold reset but that didnt work. I suspect the formatters to be at fault but was going to try a firmware upgrade first only I cant find any firmware for them on the HP website. Any ideas?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    HP p2015n 3 leds

Have you performed a formatter test? If you have the service manual then the procedure will be on it. The formatter test will tell you if thats the problem or not.

HtH
    Paul@justmanuals.com

No , it was a late call and Im returning tomorrow so will give that a try .Thanks

Smile

I performed an engine test and they both printed out , so two formatters now on order.
    thanks

Talking

fixed with new formatters. Thanks

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    This series has problematic Formatters... have heard several customer complain that they are programmed to die after about a year so not under warranty. Can't remember when these came out, but if you have one still under warranty, you should try to ask your dealer to swap it. Once the formatter dies, you cannot even get the machine to a point to upgrade firmware. Thats if you can find firmware, since HP's hidden it. Cold reset is useless. Formatter replacement outweights price of printer unless you have a good refurb company with good prices.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hp

We have had a ton of issues with these printers. The formatters were completely faulty and will fail eventually. There was a firmware update that HP released to authorized dealers only, but it was to correct an issue of the network version of the boards only - and it only worked on a select range of serial numbers- (it still didn't fix it completely.) HP has had so many issues with it that they have discontinued the model and will only send formatters to machines still under warranty. As of May, the vendor has ceased manufacturing these board, so any boards you can get from 3rd parties will still be problematic eventually.