Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Horizontal White lines with cyan on HP 4700

Dear Friends,
    I have an HP 4700, I am getting horizontal white lines with the Cyan cartridge, I've already changed several cartridges without any effect, also changed the ETB. I guess the problem is not with the cartridge or the ETB. According to the HP service manual the problem should be with one of these parts but since I have already changed both these parts,the problem lies somewhere else.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

See attached picture.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I would check the contacts that the cartridge touches. Also, unless they have changed, the laser units and other things wiiiill be changable from color to color. If you had to you can swap the printheads and see if the problem moves to another color.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I would check the contacts that the cartridge touches. Also, unless they have changed, the laser units and other things wiiiill be changable from color to color. If you had to you can swap the printheads and see if the problem moves to another color.

Thanks for the tip.
    I swaped the laser yellow and cyan. The problem is still the same, so I guess the problem is not with the laser, and asthe print defect repeats itself, I think it must be a rotating part.

Any tip will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Just based on the pattern, it looks like a drum. Almost like it it loosing it's charge. I have never had this. I would look hard at the contacts.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Are yo using genuine HP cartridges? I've seen off brands and remans just not work right in these machines.