Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    emre09

My Hp 4200 Laser printer gives me 60.2 error

My broken Hp 4200 printer gives me 60.2 error
    when I open. It doesn't receive tray.
    If you give me an information about my broken
    piece, I will buy a spare part on
    this website. Thank you. Have a nice day.

HP 4200

Manual says it's a tray 2 lifting motor! Page 290 of service manual.

Try reseating the try 2 lift motor

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

60.x Error - HP 4200/4300

Here's my service note on this one. I've had this problem lots of times:

SERVICE NOTE
    “60.X ERROR”
    HP LASERJET 4200/4300

Symptom: (Use these symptoms to troubleshoot problem)
    60.X Error (X indicating which tray – 2, 3, or 4.) – Indicates tray lift error followed by one of the following symptoms -
    1. A loud clunking or banging noise – from offending tray area. Usually when significant quantity of paper is loaded (more than 400).
    2. Clicking noise after tray installation – motor spins, but paper level indicator is not moving. Banging will continue for 12 seconds, then it will display the error. The symptom is usually intermittent and may not occur with only small amount of paper loaded and will produce 60.X Error
    3. Loud banging sound occurs when tray is installed, followed by the paper indicator moving to the full position regardless of amount of paper in the tray. Accompanied by 13.X or 60.X Error.
    4. Lift motor does not rotate; no lift occurs followed by 60.X Error.

Problem:
    Tray Design Problem
    Occurs with more than 400-sheets of paper loaded in paper tray, and tray lifts up in the rear (due to load becoming to large for tray to lift). It causes skipping of gears, thumping or clunking noise, and 60.X Error. Install new paper tray - 4250 version. It has 3 ribs on the right side of the tray rails to eliminate this problem.

Pick-up Assembly Loose
    The pick-up assembly is missing the bushing, gear, or both, which causes the assembly to be loose.

Tray Lift Motor Mount Defect
    The motor gear does not engage the tray gear, preventing tray from lifting and causing subsequent 60.X Error. This is caused by a bent metal mount that attaches the plastic part that secures the tray lift motor to the chassis. Sometimes this metal is bent (it should be 90° from frame). It will be worse when there is a lot of paper in the tray, and may work fine with small amounts of paper.

Bad Lift Motor
    Lift motor failure causing no lift of paper in the tray.

Resolution:
    (Listed by symptom – not by most likely repair or cheapest expense)

Symptom #1 – Replace paper tray with new type. There are ribs that have been added to the tray on the right side guide to decrease tray motion (reduces tray motion when 400 pages or more have been loaded). In addition the 14T Gear has been raised to improve contact between the tray and the lift drive gears (raised by about .3mm).
    - RM1-1088 – 500-sheet tray 4200/4250/4300/4350

Symptom #2 - Remove paper tray and try to move the lift drive assembly side to side, while still in the printer. If it slides back and forth check the motor mount. It should be at a 90° angle and may need to be bent to be corrected. Lift drive assembly will have to be removed to perform this repair.

Symptom #3 – Pull tray feed shaft to the left. If it falls out of place there is a missing/broken bushing and/or gear on the paper pickup-drive assembly. In addition, the feed shaft bushing and 18-T gear will need to be replaced. If the shaft does not fall out of position, then proceed to next step. See part numbers below.
    - RU5-0045 - Tray 2, 18T Gear
    - RU5-0088 - Tray 3, 4 Opt feeder, 18T Gear
    - RC1-0264 - Bushing, Feed Shaft
    - RC1-0211 – Paper Pick-up Arm (as needed)

Symptom #4 – Lift Drive Asm Failure. Replace assembly.
    - RM1-0033 – Lifter Drive Assembly, Tray 2, Opt Feeder – 4200/4300

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by prntrfxr; 11-09-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: grammatical
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Have you tried to power the machine off and start it without tray 2 installed? If that works then it could just be a tray problem those trays are cheap plastic garbage.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Lee View Post
    Try reseating the try 2 lift motor
    ive got the same problem, 60.2 error. 4350. Just taken the side off to check the DC controller, and noticed a spring on the bottom, which i guess has come off the tray 2 lifter motor, anyone got a diagram to where the spring must go? as cant find it in the service manual
    thx in advance

update, i corrected that problem, i ran a 50 page print, and it locked up, took toner out, and the cogs that turn the toner has snapped now
    Last edited by Deano; 12-04-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Check out HP Partsurfer you can see the whole tray broken down to the screw! Just make sure you have your model number makes it a lil easier.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Spring goes from the lift drive to the main drive gear asm. Attaches at the bottom and is so fun to reattach. There are 2 springs on the tray. One that provides tension for the separation roller and a torsion spring on the roller door. Hope this helps you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs up hp lj4200

There is a spring on the lift motor check if they are missing?