Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

color laserjet 2605

Got a clj2605 that looks like I need a HVPS board. Cannot locate a part number. Can any one help. Thanks. USA model.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The hvps is not available for this product. Check if you can get a refurbish one at the Hp store

color laserjet 2605

color laserjet 2605

What are the symptoms? Fading colors? If it's that, it won't be HVPS. HVPS rarely goes out on these.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

magenta only is faded or non-existent. Tried new cartridge, same result. All oems. cleaned contacts and springs. reseated all connectors. Cleaned laser slits. Don't know what else it would be. Transfer belt should affect all colors I would think. Any other Ideas? Thanx!

color laserjet 2605

color laserjet 2605

Cleaning laser slits from the cartridge area never works, you have to literally remove the laser scanner (4-in-1 type) and clean it with a soft dry cloth.

I've done numerous machines for customers this way. You won't need parts, but it is a pain to get it out. Remove all covers (if this is an MFP you also have to remove the upper flatbed scanner as well). Remove the formatter and dc controller at the rear. I can't remember if I had to remove the power supply at the top too. Gently work the cables out of the cable holder and release the tabs on the cable holder. you won't need to remove them completely, but you're trying to reach the screws underneath that hold the metal rear frame plate. there are a couple of screws on the sides to remove that plate as well. (you will be saying a few choice words to HP when you get that plate out about the screws every 1 1/2 inches. Then you'll see the scanner assembly. I think there's like 1 or 2 screws at the top and under some metal leaf springs at the bottom of the machine (underside) there are 2 more securing that scanner. Remove it (careful with cables), clean the lens and the slits. You need to rotate the unit under good light to get all the areas of the slits, because sometimes it looks clean and isn't.

Trust me, I've never had one work when I've cleaned the scanner while in the machine, but every single time I've removed the scanner and cleaned it the color came back really good. Hope this helps you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

snowoption

color laserjet 2605

I agree with prntrfxr's post.

Fading magenta issue can only be related to the toner cartridge or the laser/scanner assy.
    If you are sure that it's not the cartridge, cleaning the laser/scanner assy is a good option, if this doesn't resolve the issue completely you will have to replace the laser/scanner assy.