Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

HP 815 mfp poor scan quality

I have this unit and its saying scanner needs calibration . I dont have a hp calibration sheet. Can one be downloaded and printed or does someone know where I can get one.? Also is there much involved to clean the scanner . I only have one of these units in the field and have limited experience on these.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar

Looking for HP Desighnjet 815 calibration sheet for scanner

Hi, Any luck with finding a color calibration sheet for the 815? I am in the same situation. Thx, Ducttape n Glue

Yes I found it from a hp parts supplier and apparently its common . It takes a few hours to calibrate so be prepared .

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yes I found it from a hp parts supplier and apparently its common . It takes a few hours to calibrate so be prepared .
    So just a cleaning of the optics won't cut it?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Color calibration

Do you have the part # for the calibration sheet?
    Thx

No Im sory but if you call the hp hot line they can help you out . It comes with a cd also .

Thanks , I will give them a call.

Called HP , totally clueless, from one end of the world to the other, half of them didn't even know what a Designjet 815mfp was. No response on the HP business support forum either. Relisted my question for a color calibration maintenance sheet again on the designjet support forum on HP.com.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Calibration

The Calibration Sheet should have been included with the system, if your client has lost or misplaced it, I would contact Hp (fun yeah) (BTW it's referred to in the documentation as a "Maintenance Sheet"
    Referring to it as such when talking to them may help

To use it however...

alignment and calibration
    Scanner color calibration must be performed regularly and is recommended prior to creating new Media Profiles through closed-loop calibration. The scanner's calibration is crucial for the color matching process to work properly.
    Calibration is the process of setting the scanner device to known color conditions so that it performs in accordance with an established standard. Calibrating the scanner to the ANSI IT8 color standard minimizes color deviations between scanned ANSI IT8 reference color patches (found on the IT8 Calibration reference sheet) and known color reference values.
    NOTE: The calibration wizard allows the selection of either sRGB or NTSC color spaces. The sRGB standard produces optimal color matching between the touch screen, scanner and printer.
    Scanner calibration ensures stability, reproducibility, and predictability of color output. Light sources and other parts in the scanner can change over time and this affects the scanner’s interpretation of colors and its linearity. Without calibration, the output produced by the scanner in six months will differ from its current output and will likely be noticeably inaccurate. Basic calibration reduces noise in the dynamic area and ensures stable and clean scans. When scanning at high resolutions, even the tiniest dust particles can cause unwanted speckles in the output. Calibration can help reduce this kind of noise and ensure clean scans every time.
    NOTE: Before aligning and calibrating the cameras, make sure to complete the first process in scanner maintenance - cleaning the scan area. An unclean scanning area will give imprecise calibration results.
    Camera alignment and calibration is a fully automatic process that is activated through a wizard and then left to run on its own. To complete the camera alignment and calibration:
    Connect the scanner power cable.
    Figure 18: Connecting the power cable

Turn the scanner on.
    The scanner should be warm. Make sure that the scanner has been turned on for at least one hour prior to camera alignment and calibration. Slight light intensity changes and camera shifting can occur just after turning the scanner on and the warm-up time will ensure that light conditions and camera heights have stabilized.
    Figure 19: Turning the scanner on

Double click the scanner software icon on the touch screen monitor and select the Setup tab.
    Figure 20: The Setup tab

Press the Scanner button to access scanner setup. For the 815mfp and 4200 Scanner, press the Scan Options button.
    Press the Scanner Maintenance button to start the maintenance wizard.
    Follow the maintenance wizard instructions step by step through the entire maintenance process: Camera Alignment, Stitching, and Calibration.
    Insert the Maintenance Sheet that came with the system. The sheet's printed side must be inserted face down. Align the midpoint arrow with the scanner's midpoint arrow and feed the sheet into the scanner.
    When maintenance is completed, remove the Maintenance Sheet from the copier and return it to its protective cover and then place it in the storage folder. Store the folder in a dry place and out of direct light.

I have one of these calibration sheets at a customers location . The part # should still be on the box . I will go there tomorow and get the part # for you.