Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP Plotter Comparison

Is there an HP Plotter that compares to the Canon Image Prograf 610? I am looking in terms of paper feed and sq ft/hr. Thanks in advance!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    I can't find any info on the Canons speed. Only reference was in their brochure and all it says and I quote " Prints fast" . With HP at least you can get the speeds and ouptuts based on type of mode you are using Draft up to Best. I still prefer HP Designjets, Canon is coming on with less initial cost to buy, but with their service organization you are very limited and the service costs are prohibitive. At least with HP you can find ISO's and buy parts all over the place including direct. Around here I understand that they just contracted Pitney Bowes to do their service, Canon that is, for the prograf series. Try the T series HP Designjets or the Z series if you are more photo oriented. Best of luck.

Technician
    I was looking on Buyers Lab Inc and it showed the Prograf 610 at something like 609sq/hr. I thought this was rather fast for such a small machine. I was also looking into the HP T series as an alternative to the Canon.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    From what I can figure out the Canon will print an ISO A1 CAD drawing in fast mode at 5% black ink use at the 609 sg/hr. This will be a very simple drawing on plain paper in fast mode. They make it very difficult to figure actual usage speeds. I think Canon uses an ISOSCID No. 5 as their usage standard.

Technician
    Thanks for the Info!